PDA

View Full Version : Goodridge/HEL Braided brake lines

garethcolley
05-04-10, 03:41 PM
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy some braided lines for the Nova but i'm unsure which to buy. My query is related to the fact that Goodridge and HEL have kits for 1.0, 1.2, 1.3, GTE and GSi. Can anyone tell me the difference between the kits? I was under the assumption that the same size fittings were used on all models?

I have a MK1 shell with V6 front calipers and standard drums on back (maybe from a MK2) if that makes any difference. My MC is also from a MK2 (1.2i).

Thanks in advance. :thumb:
Gareth

mk1nova_rich
05-04-10, 03:46 PM
i thought they were all the same pal, i have seen hoses listed before just for "Nova all models".

The hose kits are only for the flexis so master cylinder size etc is irrelevant

Blackie_No1
06-04-10, 11:16 AM
Yea I thought they were all the same too, I fitted the 1.0 standard flexi pipes to the 2.0 ATE Cavalier calipers with no issues.

craig green
06-04-10, 02:21 PM
All the lines (should) be the same fitment. Anyone charging differing amounts for various models are pulling a scam.

I believe goodrich fit non-reuseable fittings to their kits which is why I opted for different stuff. I've just removed mine after 6 months use if they are any use to you?

(cheeky) PM me.

AlexW
06-04-10, 06:40 PM
Early Nova ones are different fittings IIRC.

adam c
06-04-10, 07:17 PM
I've got some Goodridge hoses that i have never used and still in packaging if your after some?could drop them off for you if wanted?

garethcolley
06-04-10, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Craig - I'd rather have new ones TBH, thanks for the offer though.
Adam - PM'd
AWO6 - Different fittings where? At the caliper or where they meet the hardpipes?

Benn
06-04-10, 08:46 PM
I thought there where all the same, the top end takes a m10 union, the bottom takes a m6 banjo bolt, I have Goodrich ones and have used them on about 6 different callipers so they are re-useable.