PDA

View Full Version : XBox premium - whats it worth?

Mike
05-04-10, 10:20 AM
Ar kid wants my other XBox console off me, what they worth these days as the prices on eBay very from like £20 to £100 for console only?

Mines a Premium, he wants the console ONLY (no HDD, no controllers, no power leads etc etc) its 18 months old.

Ive said £70, that a fiar price?? Or am i asking way over the odds?

Stan Wrecked
05-04-10, 10:25 AM
A local computer shop sells the core console with no power or av cable for £50. Comes with a 3 month warranty. Xbox has lots of power packs but they have two types of connector. If the plug will not locate into the back of the xbox its due to a plastic lug inside the plug. Just snap it off with a pen and push it home. Hope this helps
Stan

Mazz
05-04-10, 10:29 AM
The power packs are different watt's/voltage too..

Mike
05-04-10, 10:30 AM
The power packs are different watt's/voltage too..

150watt the newer ones are for the Jasper equipped models. You can still use them on the older consoles tho ;) makes them queiter :)

Jon_nova1
05-04-10, 10:33 AM
no that won't help at all, you'll probably find the reason the plastic lug is there is so you can't put the lower power supply unit into the higher rated 360.

I personally think your asking a little too much, i've sold a few microsoft replacements on EBay for £80 posted, i have a 360 here thats had a laser replaced and will put it as a buy it now for £70 posted with a power supply and AV leads

oh and remember the only thing that makes it premium is a hard drive and silver disc tray

bmw156
05-04-10, 10:33 AM
50-60, as all your selling him is a core not a premium, the premium bit is the hard drive and wireless controllers lol.

hard drives used to go for about 20 quid a while back.

Adam
05-04-10, 10:48 AM
For bare console id say 50-60quid too.

Be careful with the powersupplies, i wouldnt want to run a new console on one of the old power supplies and vice versa. Because they draw different amps iirc.... Hence why the new xbox's run quieter and hardly get warm at all. My old one used to get smoking hot within about 20mins of switching it on!

MattBrown
05-04-10, 11:03 AM
£50 is about right:thumb:

Power supply will be fine, if it detects a problem it will shut down.

Jon_nova1
05-04-10, 11:12 AM
you can use the older supply on a newer one as the 360 self regulates, and the only problem the supply can detect is power not being delivered to the console even though its recieving a signal from the console, which would give you a red light on the power pack

puss puss
05-04-10, 03:17 PM
different powerpacks different watts different amps

iirc 360 elite draws more current then my old core (ends where different like you said)

Mike
05-04-10, 07:40 PM
deal was struck at sixty notes :) thanks for input guys :)