PDA

View Full Version : C20XE crank cam pulley nut

nova_saloon
04-04-10, 05:05 PM
What a bitch, Broke my half inch to 1/4 inch drive, Anyways of getting this ******* off, Need it off you see! jammed a piece of wood between the crank to hold it still but it wont come out! tempted you use an impact driver but afraid im going to strip the head of the nut or break my sock like that! :thumb:

Benn
04-04-10, 05:17 PM
Oh they are funking tight. An easy way is to undo it in car. Putting a bar on the nut and on the floor, then turning the car over very quicky. It will crack it off.

Or of the car a bit of wood or metal to stop the cranks prob the best way.
Try a impact, it might work.

nova_saloon
04-04-10, 05:24 PM
Yeh i bought the block not long ago and rebuilding it so not in the car unfortunatly otherwise i would of done the crank over trick. but other wise and impact will have to do but i really dont want to round it! i will cry, What about heating it up before i do it at all?

Benn
04-04-10, 05:32 PM
If you round it, cut the head off, will lose of tension then. Then use a stud remover/easy out thing to remove the rest. But that's worse case.

saloonwoody
04-04-10, 05:34 PM
Get A Big Ol Air Gun On The Biatch lol

Angus Closier
04-04-10, 07:24 PM
Air gun and heat got mine off! block of wood wraped in cloth to jam the crank!!

Adam
04-04-10, 07:25 PM
I had to jam the flywheel against the floor with a crowbar, and then undo the crank bolt with a 10ft scaffold pole as an extension lol

puss puss
05-04-10, 07:23 AM
What a bitch, Broke my half inch to 1/4 inch drive, Anyways of getting this ******* off, Need it off you see! jammed a piece of wood between the crank to hold it still but it wont come out! tempted you use an impact driver but afraid im going to strip the head of the nut or break my sock like that! :thumb:

:eek: isnt quater inch really small ??

1/2 inch warrior all the way jam it up again get a pole for more leevage and invite a friend round and push!!!@!@

or if you know a garage friend get a snap on impact gun (battery powered) and hang of the mofo :thumb:

Adam
05-04-10, 10:58 AM
I thought that too, but thought it was a typo.....

Ernie
05-04-10, 11:46 AM
take the starter motor out and jam something in the flywheel this should hold it enough to get undone.

Rich
05-04-10, 12:02 PM
same as adam i had a block of wood in the crank with a big scaffold pole on the end of a big breaker bar, still had to hang off the pole to do it! Otherwise get some heat into it then a air gun/impact gun might do it. Snap-on guns are good but not that good lol

nova_saloon
12-04-10, 11:55 PM
in the end i just got a piece of metal because i kept chewing wood and then i got a massive pole and a breaker bar and then it went CRACK!!!! and it came out fine after that.