PDA

View Full Version : c20xe starter motor

auzzy-b
03-04-10, 07:20 PM
having some trouble with mine:( all im getting is a click noise! not even turning over? i know its the negative terminal thats not conected to the correct place.. were exactly should it go?

comptoncj
03-04-10, 07:40 PM
Should just earth out on the block chap, well thats what i did

auzzy-b
03-04-10, 08:05 PM
yea thats what i figured, so just anywere on the block or is there a specific place on the XE?

Damo
03-04-10, 08:07 PM
The main earth from the batt auzzy? if so mines just earthed to a bolt on the inlet mate as it dosnt reach the starter bolt on an XE.

comptoncj
03-04-10, 08:09 PM
Yeah mines on the inlet too

auzzy-b
03-04-10, 08:16 PM
cool! i originally had it on the inlet but thought there mite be a stud on the block near the starter for it, but had no luck finding one so ill put it back were i had it and should be fine!:) cheers guys!

MK1_beastie
04-04-10, 12:31 PM
sorry to hi-jack your post, could you tell me if the wire you are talking about is the one that bolts onto back of the starter and has a red and black wire coming out the same terminal? If so, is it just a live and an earth?

auzzy-b
04-04-10, 12:43 PM
sorry to hi-jack your post, could you tell me if the wire you are talking about is the one that bolts onto back of the starter and has a red and black wire coming out the same terminal? If so, is it just a live and an earth?
thats the one! The wires originaly coming off the starter were join together? Thats what confused me because surely you cant have positive & negative going to the same connection!!

MK1_beastie
04-04-10, 06:01 PM
looked into it a bit, i reckon you have one of the wires going to the battery and the other goes to the alternator to supply it with 12v