PDA

View Full Version : MOT time

farrie boy
21-04-03, 05:15 PM
my car prob wont get through cos of sum things, i need to know weather these things will make it fail or not.

I have a smooth boot with wiper, it doesnt work but my old boot didnt have one, does this matter?

my rear screen isnt heated?

no light going to rear numberplate.

my sunstrip is quite large and somtimes cant see to the horizon.

the passenger seat doesnt lift up to let people in the back without lifting the bar under the seat.

can you tell me which it will fail on and which dont matter, cheers.

Chris LR
21-04-03, 05:43 PM
Right,

Numberplate will need lighting up.

You'll prob have to get your rear wiper working, or take it off

My Landy doesn't have a heated screen, but didn't come with one either....... You'll prob have to get it working

I dunno about sunstrip or the seat, But if you get it tested at the right place, and for the right amount........

mikeoxford
21-04-03, 06:41 PM
>>>> I have a smooth boot with wiper, it doesnt work but my old boot didnt have one, does this matter?

on either of my two nova MOTs neither of them were tested for functionality, just that the wiper blades were of good condition. likewise on my two MOTs for my mums metro, so in four cases, none of them were tested if they work.

>>>> my rear screen isnt heated?

again, never seen it tested

>>>> no light going to rear numberplate.

this WILL need sorting

>>>> my sunstrip is quite large and somtimes cant see to the horizon.

depnds upon mot tester and your strip. we cant answer that

>>>> the passenger seat doesnt lift up to let people in the back without lifting the bar under the seat.

again, not tested, although they do need to get into the back to test the seat belts.

locky
21-04-03, 06:47 PM
If u do take the wiper off, make sure u take the whole thing off, as protrusions will fail in an MOT!

Heated rear screen shouldnt be a prob!

Not 2 sure bout seat tho! as long as the belts work ur ok!
OH! actually, as for the seats, uv gota be able 2 get passengers out easily, in case of an accident! id check that!!!!!
So iv been told neway!

Chris LR
21-04-03, 08:42 PM
It ain't too easy getting out the front of a Landy if your in the back, it's painful if your over 6ft tall.

scott5
21-04-03, 10:46 PM
it will fail on the light an maybe the sunstrip, but i wouldn't be too worried about anything other than the light, if it fails it fails, you get a free retest so just soirt the problems after the test when you know exactly what needs changing.