PDA

View Full Version : workshop blues!

ste porter
03-04-10, 01:12 PM
ever get that feeling when you walk in your workshop "why do i bother" and "sod it i will do it tomorrow"
built a new bench thursday and started ripping the workshop to bits to start organising it abit. pulled everything out and time was getting on so i left it how it was.
Now i cant be bothered to sort it out. Its depressing me seeing the 4x4 at the stage its at and i cant touch it at the min because i have got so many other things to get done before i can start on that again. i have got to drag my green one out get it washed and polished an engine built put in and taxed and tested
i have a corsa i have got to rebuild an xe for and fit and another nova coming in for an xe straight after and the state its in at the min you cant even get in the door untill i finish sorting it out !

how do you get your drive and enthusiasum back?
anybody else feel like this from time to time?

wwmnw
03-04-10, 01:39 PM
Thinking about how much I cant wait to drive it once its done, mind the only thing holding me back is money.

My project is my first modified car and I now have a pretty clean SR shell to put my engine in, I look forward to the day I can take it to the strip or on a track and fully enjoy it.

Rich
03-04-10, 11:14 PM
i know what you mean, for me i think it was because it was on the drive and kept having to pack up when it rained, rust starting again having to redo things.

Then i got a unit that i had to work out of to pay for, so i wa working on everything but my car because after work, then private work i didnt want to do anything to do with cars.

Im now trying to sort myself a smaller garage so i can just go there for my own car. Once my car is back from the bodyshop im pretty sure that will give me the motivation to get things done :)

Until i drive an astra vxr or somthing i will thing 'why do i bother?' lol

Just look at what it will be when done!

Benn
03-04-10, 11:24 PM
Yeah we all done, at the mo i just cant be arsed to work on my car... Most i've really done is clean the leather.. Cause i sat sit down while doing it lol

Southie
03-04-10, 11:26 PM
Ste your problem is your trying to do too much at once. Your wanting to do the 4x4 that much your getting over excited and need to calm down lol
Get the cars you've offered to do/fix/modify out of the way then clean the garage and then crack on with the project your "wanting" to do.
Also your probably working too hard and driving/crashing/breaking lorries too relax properly, someone needs a week off I think to chill, clear your thoughs and come back with a clear state of mind ;)

bai1ey
03-04-10, 11:29 PM
it was a bit of a state earlia mate did it get any better thanks for the parts

on a plus note i have seen worse and the 4x4 is looking awsome

djbrowney
04-04-10, 12:00 AM
i did exactly the same today, had a **** day down there yesterday got there today and decided to clean the van instead wtf be back on it monday i hope !!!

let_nova
04-04-10, 12:02 AM
fook it, sell up lol

muzzy
04-04-10, 12:16 AM
Get your current job's finished then take a break for a few days and go nowhere near your workshop. Forget about cars and do something else, sit in and watch TV or something!

ste porter
04-04-10, 01:32 AM
finaly getting there i think your all right aswell i do need to chill a little will help to have a brake from it i think but i just havent got time i have got total vauxhall coming down in 4 weeks!

craig green
04-04-10, 03:31 AM
The amount of times I slammed my garage door & never knew when I'd open it again......

bazil
04-04-10, 08:38 AM
I should have been taking my engine and box out this weekend but instead i went to the scrappy with my brother yesterday for a pugeot bumper ( but found a bloody GTE nova ) and today I'm going for a round of golf with some mates :) ( I'm over 30 now so I have to play golf now it the rules )

I just need a weekend away from novas, or I'll not be as focused doing the work and end up cutting corners to save time and the result would be a poor job, but thats only my opinion.

Mike
04-04-10, 08:55 AM
You'll carry on with it out of sheer bordem :thumb:

You'll give up, go & try something else but eventually get bored of that & your hands & mind will start hankering for a car to tinker about with when you get bored...

djbrowney
04-04-10, 09:13 AM
speaking from experince mike lol

Mike
04-04-10, 09:22 AM
speaking from experince mike lol

Ooooh yes!

Back in early 2004, when i had my first Nova & barely used Novaload, the SR i had needed a new upper slam panel/headlight panels, i didnt even know you could by them, so i spent months fabricating my own out of galvanised sheet steel.....only to post some pics on here & be told i could of simply bought a panel for like £50 lol lol

And then when we done an Integra Type R engine into an EK Civic, spent months fabricating the engine mounts only to find out you could by them off the shelf from Funky Power for £400.

Was royally pished off.