PDA

View Full Version : 20xe ecu code

comptoncj
02-04-10, 01:59 PM
Still having a nightmare with my xe, bought an engine off count vauxalot and it has the same ecu code as the one i was origionally using (FP) but the engine ive just bought has a lambda sensor. So i think i havnt got the right ecu and thats why its just flooding and not wanting to start etc. can anyone tell me the code for a non lambda xe?

yayoboy
02-04-10, 02:10 PM
pretty sure its gq, as mine was non lambda before the mbe management/tb's went on, ive still got the ecu, so ill double check when i get back, works fine so you could take it off my hands if you wants...

comptoncj
02-04-10, 04:10 PM
Hmm looking on ebay there is a 20xe ecu that is code FP for a non lambda car :S im very confused now wish the car would work lol doing my head in.

Rich
02-04-10, 04:36 PM
my old 20xe was an fx i think, noone you know with a redtop you can borrow an ecu from?

comptoncj
02-04-10, 04:43 PM
Not local mate no, I just bought another one but it has a lambda sensor and was out of a cav, the engine in the corsa im having trouble with was out of an astra gte non lambda but they both have the same ecu code so im well confused lol the car is giving all the signs of needing a lambda tho as its overfuelling like mad when it starts but the last 2 days it hasnt wanted to start just coughs and then floods itself :S

comptoncj
02-04-10, 05:25 PM
Looking on a post on MIG it says ecu 0 261 200 185 (FP) = early 20xe non lambda. not really getting anywhere with this research, i want to try the loom i bought earlier but as it too has FP with a lambda sensor im not sure its going to work :S

djbrowney
02-04-10, 05:30 PM
like i have said, a lambda will not start working until at least 15 seconds after the car is running when it starts to get warm so your heading in the wrong direction mate !

comptoncj
02-04-10, 05:34 PM
Im going to burn it i think, Its just pouring fuel in and it wont even start now clean the plugs up and it will run for about 4-5 seconds then it cuts out and wont start again and the plugs will be soaked again :(

djbrowney
02-04-10, 05:37 PM
have you changed the temperature sensor on the thermostat housing ?

comptoncj
02-04-10, 05:38 PM
Yeah, changed that, AFM, fuel rail and regulator, and distributor.

djbrowney
02-04-10, 05:45 PM
did the new one you put on match the old one bec fenny changed one once had all the problems you are having, changed it back and it started first time !

comptoncj
02-04-10, 05:47 PM
Hmm might try it tomorrow, had enough of it today wish i never started this conversion its been nothing but stress lol

djbrowney
02-04-10, 05:48 PM
it should have been, remind me never to let you fit an engine for me lol

Mazz
02-04-10, 05:49 PM
Mine is an FX on an early lambda XE.

As browney said, it will still run w/o a lambda, but if will pay the postage i've got an GL ECU you can try here..

comptoncj
02-04-10, 06:05 PM
I dont know anymore, ive had 3 mechanics look at it and they cant find the fault with it so i dont know what to do maybe an ecu wont cure it i dont know lol

NitrousVaux
02-04-10, 10:33 PM
seriously try taking off the outer plug cover to the CTS sensor and check all the wires a re connected. Same problem with the flooding was happening to mine. Turned out one of the wires to the CTS was broken. new plug connect wires up and happy purring engine.

comptoncj
02-04-10, 11:18 PM
I'l try that tomorrow morning, i think the plug is ok as when the engine was running i took the plug off and it nearly cut the engine out, going to swap a throttle position sensor tomorrow as well if i get some time to work on it, its definatly a mixture related problem so il just keep swapping things, a mate of mine is letting me borrow his non lamda xe corsa to swap some bits over too. I'l get to the bottom of it one day lol

Jon_nova1
03-04-10, 08:45 AM
"Soon to be building : E16SE courtenay turbo with aquamist water injection."

do you think thats a wise idea? lol

by the way i had the same problem, and when the car would run i got thick black smoke out of the exhaust, it turned out to be the TPS, make sure you buy the right one though

bikerboi
03-04-10, 10:51 AM
try connecting pin 20 of your ecu to ground/earth. this will tell the ecu its in africa mode and will switch to open loop fueling instead of closed loop fueling eliminating the use of lambda sensor. had this problem with mine and that was what people were suggesting. its worth a go even untill you get the right loom/ecu.

comptoncj
03-04-10, 05:31 PM
"Soon to be building : E16SE courtenay turbo with aquamist water injection."

do you think thats a wise idea? lol

by the way i had the same problem, and when the car would run i got thick black smoke out of the exhaust, it turned out to be the TPS, make sure you buy the right one though

lol its a brilliant idea :P lol best way of learning my mistakes,,, right im a bit happier now, i swapped ecu's over and it started up but is still very rich on start up but after about 5 mins of runnning the smoke out the back dies off but when you rev it up it hesitates then revs up with a bit of black smoke out the back. I drove it and it pulls well though.

Damo
03-04-10, 05:36 PM
Glad you are getting somewhere now mate managed to sort mine today it was a broken pulse wire to the knock sensor ran a new wire problem solved lol .

comptoncj
03-04-10, 05:37 PM
lol yeah im happy put a smile on my face driving it hehe need to tax it now lol