PDA

View Full Version : headrest

waynes sri
02-04-10, 11:34 AM
think im going to put some rear head rest in as i think they look rather smart what would i go for some corsa ones as there a light grey? i have the sri

Damo
02-04-10, 11:38 AM
think im going to put some rear head rest in as i think they look rather smart what would i go for some corsa ones as there a light grey? i have the sri

Yea mate corsa ones would be fine but get the early corsa ones as the later ones had a slightly different shape compared to the nova ones. Also get the runners they sit in too if you want to make a proper job of fitting them.:thumb:

waynes sri
02-04-10, 11:43 AM
Yea mate corsa ones would be fine but get the early corsa ones as the later ones had a slightly different shape compared to the nova ones. Also get the runners they sit in too if you want to make a proper job of fitting them.:thumb: it i get the runners will they just push into my rear seats ive been told they have the hole??

Damo
02-04-10, 11:48 AM
it i get the runners will they just push into my rear seats ive been told they have the hole??

Yea mate they should do but you have to chop a bit off the bottom of them though as they are too long to just slide straight in IIRC.

L14MNP
02-04-10, 11:50 AM
Not like this (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137755) lol

Damo
02-04-10, 11:53 AM
Not like this (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137755) lol

Yea definalty not like this lol.

waynes sri
02-04-10, 11:54 AM
Not like this (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137755) lolwow im not going to do that haha i know ive heard or seen that there is the holes.so trim the bottem and put them in then slot headrest in and will be all good then?????

L14MNP
02-04-10, 12:04 PM
Yeah the tubes will be there, just puncture the material and slide the guides in. If you get the correct guides you don't need to trim them. Mk2 Astra fronts rings a bell.

mowgli
02-04-10, 12:06 PM
wow im not going to do that haha i know ive heard or seen that there is the holes.so trim the bottem and put them in then slot headrest in and will be all good then?????

read that other thread thru at least twice & then do the exact opposite to LEWI007 & you should be fine.

waynes sri
02-04-10, 12:09 PM
right ill go scrappy in a bit see what hes got in :thumb:

L14MNP
02-04-10, 12:19 PM
read that other thread thru at least twice & then do the exact opposite to LEWI007 & you should be fine.

Or don't be a n00b and use your loaf from the off. :thumb:

waynes sri
02-04-10, 02:34 PM
ive been and got my self some headrest today tidy too just bit dirty thats why they look a bit dark tho due to me putting them in a bucket of water and scrubbing them got them out of a lreg corsa as they look about same grey as my nova but cant check yet as its a body shop lolhttp://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu260/wayneys_sri/Photo127.jpg

waynes sri
02-04-10, 02:37 PM
the one thing i couldnt get was the runners to sit them in broke one tryin so i found another cut seat to bits but wont move so i went and said to bloke you got a hammer so can get them out he said no rather you not.so i did a runner as id proper **** seat up lol

Damo
02-04-10, 02:41 PM
the one thing i couldnt get was the runners to sit them in broke one tryin so i found another cut seat to bits but wont move so i went and said to bloke you got a hammer so can get them out he said no rather you not.so i did a runner as id proper **** seat up lol

Lol there held in by little push pins i think mate should be no need for brute force lol.

waynes sri
02-04-10, 02:42 PM
Lol there held in by little push pins i think mate should be no need for brute force lol. i was looking for clips dint see owt but i was keeping a eye out for him coming too so was rushing but if any one has any ill pay for them

L14MNP
03-04-10, 12:06 AM
Benn knows the part number for the correct ones IIRC mate.

If they're anything like Jap stuff you squeeze them from the bottom - after you have destroyed the foam/covers. lol

brainsnova
03-04-10, 12:10 AM
keep making a fist to build your fingers up lol

waynes sri
03-04-10, 12:10 PM
it werent having any of it i even picked a bit of metal up and ed **** out of it.lol

waynes sri
03-04-10, 12:11 PM
Benn knows the part number for the correct ones IIRC mate.

If they're anything like Jap stuff you squeeze them from the bottom - after you have destroyed the foam/covers. lol thanks mate ive droped him a pm see if he can help me

LEWI007
03-04-10, 06:59 PM
My "Infamous" rear headrest conversion.

You gotta love it lol

brainsnova
03-04-10, 07:03 PM

You gotta love it lol

its like marmite you either love it or ****in ........ lol

LEWI007
03-04-10, 07:06 PM
Double post sorry

lol ^^

Benn
03-04-10, 08:01 PM
Yeah i have the part number for the back guides. That fit right, or you can use Mk2 Astra CD/CDX rear guides. As they come in grey, blue and black.

mowgli
03-04-10, 08:18 PM

You gotta love it lol

no i don't

waynes sri
04-04-10, 12:41 PM
ye im guna see if can buy the grey ones new still but if you cant ill chuck black ones in lol.anybody know what they cost new

brainsnova
04-04-10, 01:13 PM
2 years i bought 2 new ones from vauxhall but cant mind the price so must of been cheap. in the past i painted mine with grey plastic primer :d

waynes sri
04-04-10, 01:19 PM
2 years i bought 2 new ones from vauxhall but cant mind the price so must of been cheap. in the past i painted mine with grey plastic primer :d i was guna say i might paint some black ones grey