PDA

View Full Version : More help please..

JShannon
02-04-10, 11:00 AM
Same as my thread in mechanical, just changed from a 1.0 to a 1.2carbed.
2 quick questions if anyone has the time please.

1. The new 1.2 starter has 2 connections, 1 bolt on connection and 1 spade whereas the 1.0 starter had 3 bolt on connections? any one know whats up? do i just get rid of 1 wire or is it relocated to somewhere else.

2. The coil!!!! I have asked this before and been told i need to run a new wire to the coil. Time for an essay...... My 1.0 coilpack had two push on connections so this is what i have now on my loom (a black wire and a green wire). Now that i have bolted my 1.2 coilpack on there is nowhere for theses to go as it have wiring coming from the distributer to the coilpack(black and purple wires). I am really stuck here and my head is fried so it would be greatly appreciated if someone could put it into stupid terms what i need to do?

Cheers

Joe:thumb:

Damo
02-04-10, 11:10 AM
Right firstly the starter should have a thick red going to it from the battery and IIRC a red with blue/black trace for the ign live.

Second the coil still needs the black and green black being ign live and green for rev counter if you have one.

Hope this helps.

JShannon
02-04-10, 11:18 AM
The loom also has a thin black wire along with the thick red and black/red.

It is the thin black i dont know where to put?? Also the car has no rev counter, standard dash. Where can i wire these two existing black and greeen wires two.

Cheers for your help in the other post aswell. +rep added mate.

Joe:thumb:

Damo
02-04-10, 11:35 AM
Where does the thin black wire run to mate? Just leave the green off but tape it up.

mowgli
02-04-10, 12:04 PM
on the starter loom for the 1.0, there is a third wire that goes to the coil, as a booster feed on starting. itis not needed on the 1.2

on the wires to the coil on the 1.0, there will be the 'resistive feed' from the ign switch, this needs replacing with a decent wire, the 'booster feed' from the starter which is now redundant and should be removed, the earth wire & maybe a rev counter wire if you've fitted one.