PDA

View Full Version : Braided lines

l1nuxxx
01-04-10, 11:32 PM
Hi can I run full braided lines on my car? It's to replace the copper ones and I want to run them via a bias valve through the car.

Is this legal for an MOT?

bazil
01-04-10, 11:39 PM
As long as they are secured properly and don't foul the bodywork it should be fine, my mates astra is done fully braided.

Mark Sparks
02-04-10, 12:11 AM
Yes mate its fine aslong as its secure and not rubbing on anything

Southie
02-04-10, 12:15 AM
As above yes you'll be fine, my mate runs fully braided on his rally Nova.

craig green
02-04-10, 12:17 AM
Same here.,

l1nuxxx
02-04-10, 11:04 PM
Good stuff guys. The pipes on it have been hand bent by the looks of things :wtf: lol.

Wheres a decient place for rolls of braided lines? I have seen them on fleebay.

spanishfly
04-04-10, 08:33 AM
www.thinkauto.co.uk

bazil
04-04-10, 08:54 AM
Good stuff guys. The pipes on it have been hand bent by the looks of things :wtf: lol.

Wheres a decient place for rolls of braided lines? I have seen them on fleebay.

there is a guy about your way called Davie Boyle, he is a mobile hose fitter and does a very good job, if you get all the lenghts cut to size he can come round to yours and fit the ends for you and probably supply the hose aswell i think his van says DB hydrolics or something, I worked for a company in kilsyth for 3 years and we used him all the time on the road planers and the brushes too.

l1nuxxx
04-04-10, 08:12 PM
Cheers mate I will look him up :thumb: . Do you think he would bleed the system etc for me?

bazil
04-04-10, 09:32 PM
Cheers mate I will look him up :thumb: . Do you think he would bleed the system etc for me?

if you pay him enough lol, he will probably advise you how to do it but it isnt to hard to do, get an easy bleed kit and diy it:thumb: