PDA

View Full Version : xe coolant temp switch plug

doey106
01-04-10, 10:52 PM
hi all my cts plug broke off and i got another from the breakers yard. if i got the cables round the wrong way would it make my car idle rough and misfire when warm?? cars really giving me a headache :wall:

nova_saloon
01-04-10, 11:43 PM
it does play quite a role, But did you solder or crimp the wire, were they corroded, and did you get the right CTS switch there not all universal. and if none of that sorts it then do a compression test or check leads and plugs for stuff like that, if dizzy type check rotar arm and cap.

nova_saloon
01-04-10, 11:44 PM
btw im not to far away from you only in purley / south of south croydon. your xe on the road?

doey106
02-04-10, 07:09 AM
iv done a compression test all pots around the 170psi mark so thats all good. its had all new GM parts (afm,crank sensor,cts,dizzy cap,arm,plugs,gaskets,leads,fuel filter, etc) iv given it a load of injector cleaner but not given it a good run (due to no tax etc) it will be on the 7th need to get tax and insurance lol the car aint been driven for over a year so im hoping a good run down the m20 (my garage is in maidstone) will clear it but if im still having problems if you dont mind having a look that would be good (2 heads better then one lol)