PDA

View Full Version : Whoohooo!!

CP
20-04-03, 08:26 PM
Got my laptop sorted finally( only taken about a year :o :roll: ) and was able to start having a delve around my DTA ecu. With the help of MC we did some runs and discovered some great big areas in the fuelling map at full throttle where the engine was running way lean. :o
Anyway to cut a long story short, thru trial and error we sorted this problem and I tried a standing start. I couldnt believe it - mega wheel spin!
YES! I thought i was never gonna ever get this car to do that.
Next up was the standing start and full power gear change into 2nd. No bogging down at all! Hopefully this means that i have a fair chance of getting away sharp enough at Pod to post a decent time at last. May not work so well up there cos the surface is much stickier than the road where I was trying it :(

Dan
20-04-03, 08:32 PM
top job fella, but i hope u realise all eyes will be on you at pod now so better make sure u get it spot on :D

wisewood
20-04-03, 08:43 PM
Dan has a point, you sit your car on the strip and you better know its gonna do the job coz EVERYONE will be watching ya mate... no pressure or anything tho :lol:

Fester
20-04-03, 08:55 PM
what sort of time should it realistically post? if all else fails fall back on the 'its a circuit racer!' motif!

CP
20-04-03, 09:18 PM
lol - been wearing that excuse out for some time Fester :lol:
Well the best I recorded was 15.4 last year ( as well as some 17's :oops: )
Dunno really - hopefully a few seconds should come off. My terminal speeds are in the region of 92mph which given a good start would suggest 15 or maybe a bit below from other stuff I've seen go up but who knows? We will see.
:wink:

Getting well excited now anyway - am gonna get to drive Brands Hatch on fri at last - 8)

Jim
21-04-03, 10:49 AM
Heheh, Do you want me to take your car up the strip CP? ;) LOL

Glad to hear you've got it running right.

Jim

Stuart
21-04-03, 06:12 PM
i thought i was in the car with breeny today lol. *slows down to a stop, thinking hes gonna put fuel in, decks throttle and up comes clutch* spinnnnnnn ncie 10ft long marks left on the road lol

fair play though, its smooth(er) now weve had a play with the go juice times.

cheers for the bits :)

Tilly
21-04-03, 06:42 PM
id better have another go then 2 :lol: :lol: :roll:

novax
22-04-03, 01:34 AM
Good job done dude! And here's me adding weight to mine..... Still if it ever goes up the strip it'll be a realistic road time as all this stuff ain't ever coming out... :wink:

locky
22-04-03, 04:45 PM
if it ever goes up the strip it'll be a realistic road time as all this stuff ain't ever coming out...

I was thinkin that! the chequerplate was a nitemare 2 get in the boot, as its all 1 piece! plus it must half 1/2 ton of solder from wiring! and another 1/2 ton of fiberglass filler! :lol: