PDA

View Full Version : no claims question....

staggy_gsi
30-03-10, 08:50 PM
right, say i have two insurance policies, both with a decent amount of NCB built up.

if i have to make a claim on one policy, does that mean il lose the NCB on the other one too? or just off the policy i make the claim on?

let_nova
30-03-10, 08:54 PM
you will have to declare to the other policy. not sure if it will cancel it though

Jon_nova1
30-03-10, 09:10 PM
from a legal perspective you will have to declare it

from an illegal perspective if you don't declare it you will still have the NCB from the one that you haven't had an accident in and will still be able to use it

skyinsurance
31-03-10, 10:22 AM
if i have to make a claim on one policy, does that mean il lose the NCB on the other one too? or just off the policy i make the claim on?

You'll only lose NCB on the policy you claim from. You will need to declare the claim on the other policy at the renewal stage.

skyinsurance
31-03-10, 10:23 AM
from a legal perspective you will have to declare it

from an illegal perspective if you don't declare it you will still have the NCB from the one that you haven't had an accident in and will still be able to use it

That makes no sense to me. :confused:

Jack
31-03-10, 10:29 AM
^ he's saying legal option is declare it. Illegal option is don't declare it and use the NCB from the car which still has NCB intact (thats making the assumption there's no protected/guaranteed NCB on either car, and the accident cost you your full NCB on that vehicle).

Its possible to have full NCB and accidents on your record. Even with only one car; consider protected/guaranteed NCB - you'd still have to declare an accident, and yet still keep whatever NCB you have.

Bear in mind lots of insurers ask for "accidents" not "claims", so even if the accident wasn't your fault you still have to declare it.

MK999
31-03-10, 10:45 AM
Bear in mind lots of insurers ask for "accidents" not "claims", so even if the accident wasn't your fault you still have to declare it.

I've always been asked for claims as far as I've noticed, must just assume if I've had an accident it must have been my fault lol

staggy_gsi
31-03-10, 08:26 PM
thanks for the help guys. i would always have declared it to the other insurer but just wondered if i'd lose that NCB as well.

Ben
01-04-10, 09:14 AM
If you dont declare a claim and then claim on that policy and the insurance search your insurance will be void.

mk1nova_rich
01-04-10, 11:45 AM
declare everything and then you know you are covered if the worst happens. We all know insurance companies will do anything they can to avoid paying out