PDA

View Full Version : lowering kit

Nova-Flair
20-04-03, 12:36 PM
right, after months of saying 'my car desperately needs slammed' im finally gonna get the cash together and do it.

problem is which kit???? my budget will allow around ?200 what is the best kit i can buy for that money?

at the moment i am torn between apex sport kit, bilstein streetline kit and a G-max kit.

cheers for your opinions

Snowface
20-04-03, 04:40 PM
i'm thjinking of doing this. the gMax 60mm drop looks the best buy to me.
anyone got this and can reccomend?

James B
20-04-03, 08:08 PM
I'd go for the Gmax 60mm gas shock and springs kit

Does look value for money however does give a harsh ride from some accounts

James

mikeoxford
20-04-03, 11:31 PM
i'm thjinking of doing this. the gMax 60mm drop looks the best buy to me.
anyone got this and can reccomend?

me, yes, id reccomened also.

been to wales and back this weekend and had LOTS of fun around the roads.

never had to touch the brake pedal, just ease of slightly round the bend, as soon as you can see the exit of the corner coming, hit the gas while your still going round the corner (about half way around now)

and car will hardly have ANY body roll, and it was a really nice journey.

not too harsh either, have been in some cars that are harsher than a gay bloke pounding your a$$ - not that id know - wisewood told me! :lol:

Nova-Flair
21-04-03, 12:09 PM
:o so wisewood dosent only have will youngs looks!!

:lol:

Mark D
21-04-03, 12:18 PM
I had gmax and spax setup on mine, handled like a dream, bit over your budget i think tho, one tip tho, have a look at my car, how low does it look? thats only a 30mm drop, for a gsi, then added spax non adjustables, and it sticks like glue, wicked.

didnt think the setup was harsh tho, smooth compaired to others i have been in, looking at coilovers now tho, the beast will be back in style!

Anton
21-04-03, 01:31 PM
GMAX - fantastic value, fantastic handling, what more can I say? :wink:

ade
21-04-03, 03:05 PM
you'll also get gamx kit from www.supernovas.uk.com for under ?200 (think its ?189)

Ive got it and its v good especially if you fit front and rear anti roll bars for added tension.

dathers
21-04-03, 11:28 PM
If you can get bilstein for the same money as gmax go for billys.
Billys are by far the superior brand.
Irmsher shox are rebadged billys.
Alot of rally teams use billys,albeit coilovers.
But then again i have a gmax corsa gsi kit on my nova GTE and it handles wicked!!
It isnt lowered very much as the spring rates are higher as a corsa is heavier,about 10mm lower on the rear and 20mm lower on the front.
It isnt harsh at all and it handles superbly,MUCH better than standard.
Its dead easy to turn understeer into oversteer on the throttle,and the oversteer is so much more controllable with the throttle than standard GTE stuff.
Dave

Nova-Boy
22-04-03, 09:05 AM
I would stay with your ?200 budget and Get G-Max -60mm.

If you keep thinking "i could get billys for another ?50", for example then you keep spiralling and end up with some coilovers for ?500!

i have done it myself when buildling a mountain bike and went well over budget! :roll: