PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Curve 8310's

Mike
30-03-10, 02:31 PM
They any good?

novarally
30-03-10, 03:02 PM
I've got an 8520 Curve, and it's absolutely brilliant.

The Blackberry website seems to be playing up so I haven't been able to look at the 8310 to compare.

Mike
30-03-10, 04:05 PM
I *think* the 8310 just has less internal memory (60mb i think?) an a 2mpx camera (not that i even need that!).

Just wondering as Ive got one arriving on Thursday, merely wondering what to expect kinda thing.

auzzy-b
30-03-10, 04:08 PM
i know a couple of people that have them and theyve all said they great! My contracts up next month and im thinking of gettitng the Blackberry storm 2..

Stuart
30-03-10, 04:15 PM
Bold 9700 ftw!

Mike
30-03-10, 04:17 PM
Whats the difference with the Storms to the Curves? Other then the price lol this Curve has just cost me £107 delivered to the door, im guessing for a brand new phone thats a good price? (not technology savvy here :S )

auzzy-b
30-03-10, 04:31 PM
to be honest im not sure? i just like the look of them! havnt really read up on the details yet.. and price doesnt bother me since i always get my phone throough a contract so the phone basically free:)

Mike
30-03-10, 04:36 PM
to be honest im not sure? i just like the look of them! havnt really read up on the details yet.. and price doesnt bother me since i always get my phone throough a contract so the phone basically free:)

I dont do contract phones lol i have no direct debit out goings at present, an i like to keep it that way lol lol but TBH with how much credit i use, i really should get a contract!

auzzy-b
30-03-10, 04:56 PM
lol i was the same but then realised i was spending more than £30 per month on credit so went to contract since you can unlimited txts & calls for the same price! so its well worth doing:thumb:

andy_mk3
30-03-10, 05:20 PM
Bold 9700 ftw!

Yes! :thumb:

Jim
30-03-10, 05:29 PM
Whats the difference with the Storms to the Curves? Other then the price lol this Curve has just cost me £107 delivered to the door, im guessing for a brand new phone thats a good price? (not technology savvy here :S )
I think I'm correct in saying the Storm is all touchscreen whereas the Curve has a keypad.

I've just taken delivery of the Storm 2, must admit it's a very nice phone. Setting up email accounts is very easy and the touch typing is nice and responsive. Only downside is when copying my contacts over from my old phone I now need to edit the details as it's only put half the surname and (work) next to each contact. There is probably an app to sort all this out, but I'm still getting to grips with all the functions.

Jim.

Mike
30-03-10, 05:32 PM
I think I'm correct in saying the Storm is all touchscreen whereas the Curve has a keypad.

That will work a lot better for me actually, phone in pocket whilst driving with a touchscreen, or at work with painty fingers would be a big no no lol ! The Curve ive bought has got a QWERTY keyboard, so im guessing your right lol

Thanks for the info Jim :)

NovaLad
30-03-10, 05:33 PM
I really can't stand the QWERTY keyboard on them because the buttons are tiny!

andy_mk3
30-03-10, 06:17 PM
I really can't stand the QWERTY keyboard on them because the buttons are tiny!

That was the only worry I had when I ordered mine, but actually it's very easy to use, I much prefer it to a touch screen.

Stuart
30-03-10, 07:13 PM
I didnt get on with the storm2 touchscreen (the shiver was really odd) so the keypad won :)

Dan
30-03-10, 08:51 PM
put it this way, a monkey can operate qwerty setup and technology on them as mike well knows lol

Stuart
30-03-10, 08:54 PM
**** me, hes alive.

Dan
30-03-10, 08:57 PM
meh, i was home early and thought i would cause some trouble as i still had some energy left after training lol lol lol

Mike
30-03-10, 10:16 PM
put it this way, a monkey can operate qwerty setup and technology on them as mike well knows lol

lol lol aye true :P lol

Bought it just at the right time actually as my current Nokia N9pos died a death tonight :S the screen has finally died & so im now relagted to an ancient 6350 (i think anyway?) until it arrives

Mike
01-04-10, 06:06 PM
Right so it arrived today, spent the last hour or so faffing about with it....an i proper love it!! Slighty more complex to use then a Nokia (so basically pish easy to use!) proper wicked contraption!

Still yet to bother with the email & internet account tosh, an sort out some ringtones & message tones but well happy :)

andy_mk3
01-04-10, 06:17 PM
The email is very easy to set up :)