PDA

View Full Version : Suffering with CBA towards Novas

Dod
29-03-10, 11:24 PM
It happened, I said feck it and stuck 4 of the 6 Novas I have up for sale. The reason, I CBA anymore. I still have the other 2 but cant be botheres with the rest.

Will I regret this as I know people do suffer from similar phases as well?

puss puss
29-03-10, 11:26 PM
you always regret stuff you sell/have to let go.

well i always do :(

always comes back to bite me in the ass lol

muzzy
29-03-10, 11:26 PM
I went for a good while without being interested in them in the slightest, sold my saloon and said I would never buy another as I was past the stage of wanting to mess about with them.

I have another one now.

L14MNP
29-03-10, 11:31 PM
Don't have so many of one thing and it wouldn't happen IMO. I have a mate a bit like you that has many cars in various states of repair - although only one (the daily driver) is ever worked on.
Yet he somehow expects to have all of these on the road for the summer and added to the daily driver list. :/

Same craic for like 3/4 years now TBH.

CoolTiger
29-03-10, 11:34 PM
same at the min its striped down bare ready for paint but dont know if i can be arsed keeping it afterwards

craig green
29-03-10, 11:37 PM
What I call a 'faith loss'.

Is this a suicide thread in disguise? lol

muzzy
29-03-10, 11:38 PM
What I call a 'faith loss'.

Is this a suicide thread in disguise? lol

Oh god don't say that, 56 pages! lol

Nova_Tek
29-03-10, 11:40 PM
So far never lost faith in the Nova, I actually want one more after my one is done and dusted.

brainsnova
29-03-10, 11:40 PM
looking at Benns on going build will give you the boost you need.

L14MNP
29-03-10, 11:44 PM
I haven't even driven my 360 let alone worked on the P11 for over week. Flu is a bitch.:(

Being demotivated is the worst though, I agree!

craig green
29-03-10, 11:46 PM
dod needs a pat on the back!

seriously though, is something caused a stumbling block with the build(s) or are you just losing interest?

L14MNP
29-03-10, 11:47 PM
I woulda thought his mind would be more on building blocks?

robertdevlin69
30-03-10, 07:46 AM
no way its dod!chin up lad der only piece of **** cars at the end of the day,sure youll still hav the cavs.....

Dod
30-03-10, 09:19 AM
Na lads, I've just taken whats called a scunnering. Just a loss of interest. Nothing in particular and no reason for it, I'm just fed up looking at them. I've been working on my Cavs lately and parts for them are easier gotten than Nova parts, and at the minute, I'd happily cash the 4 Novas in Favour of Cavs.

Now, I do still have 2 Novas here that I will be working on but I think 2 are enough, 6 is just too many, despite needing only very little to finish them.

PS, I'm going to leave the club and keel myself.

MattBrown
30-03-10, 09:40 AM
I cba with my red shell either, garage needs a good tidy up, shell needs to come out in the open for me to admire, then ill be able to get back on it!

I agree 6 is too many though, rather have 2 prestine ones, then 6 tidyish ones:thumb:

Rysee
30-03-10, 10:27 AM
I know what you mean Dod I'm really tempted to sell my loon and buy a Cav TD and SRi/GSi rep it, or a MK2, but i know my "stuck in a rutness" isn't about the car so much as everything and getting rid of mine and getting something else wont solve it

Maybe a break away from Novas and you'll learn to love them again when you see a nice clean one down the shops

Stuart
30-03-10, 10:33 AM
big time ASW.

Jack
30-03-10, 11:23 AM
I have no interest in Novas whatsoever.

lol

alan b
30-03-10, 01:04 PM
i long faith in novas a long time ago, thats why i sold them all and only have the one now. but i do love sh1t the bed quick cars and thats why i still love my corsa A.
dod as long as you havent lost faith in opel's youll be grand!

L33 LEG
30-03-10, 01:15 PM
Im losing interest in cars all together.

I have been driving the nova the past few weeks because the bm coupe needs work for an mot and the nova isnt really ready for the roads with a few faults. I have been getting the bm cab ready for its mot, took it there this morning and on the way it kept overheating. Im considering stripping it and scrapping the perfectly decent shell :( i have no plans this summer to mod any of the cars because im saving up for a new one.

Really is not looking good tbh, can see me having a very boring half of a year.

PS. always keep one nova so then at least if you do miss them you will always have one shell to mess with.

draper
30-03-10, 01:17 PM
6 !! ive got 1 and its not finished/nearly finished etc lol

edit - 2 bare shells, getting most of the way through welding and buying another shell FTW lol

blue_peg_16v
30-03-10, 02:20 PM
biggest regret i have was i sold a complete xe to a mate that needed one at mates rates then 3 days after he collected i put a hole the size of baxter in the block had to buy another engine and cost me £100 more than the one id sold try not to sell stuff i may need now lol

but you will still have 2 novas so should be fine

Mike
30-03-10, 02:34 PM
Will I regret this as I know people do suffer from similar phases as well?

The best thing i ever did was call Nova's a day mate. For several other reasons mind but seriously, the only part i regret is not having a car i can easily take apart & mince about with.

Other then, meh.

blue_peg_16v
30-03-10, 03:13 PM
mike go buy scotts you know you wanna lol

Dod
30-03-10, 03:32 PM
I'm not AS'ing here either, just saying what I'm thinking and several people are of the same opinion and others are adding their 2 cents. It looks like you're spamming Stu..... Sin Bin for you I reckon.

When you weigh it all up, you get a Nova and spend a fortune making it fast when you could just buy a fast car and make it faster for the same money. I dunno, maybe I'm getting old here but they've lost theri appeal to me.

As Mike said, you can mince with any car I suppose, thats the driection I've been heading.

krobinson
30-03-10, 07:31 PM
All you need to do is concentrate your efforts on one thing / one car. Having 6 Nova's and as many Cav's etc, its always going to be hard to keep your efforts, money and time in one place.

Mike
30-03-10, 07:47 PM
When you weigh it all up, you get a Nova and spend a fortune making it fast when you could just buy a fast car and make it faster for the same money. I dunno, maybe I'm getting old here but they've lost theri appeal to me.

As Mike said, you can mince with any car I suppose, thats the driection I've been heading.

Exactly Re:spending a fortune. Example A: Focus RS Mk1's easy get one for £8k now. Example B:Mitsi Evo 3/4 easily get one for £4/5k. I know personally outta a Nova, Evo or Focus RS, what car id rather spend my time mincing about on....

mike go buy scotts you know you wanna lol

Very true, i do want to buy it, but one of two things will happen to it. Ill either sell it after the summers out or spend the winter breaking it & selling it on eBay for a stupid mark up.

dj_wudgey
30-03-10, 08:49 PM
youl stil be gutted when they all go!

Stuart
30-03-10, 09:05 PM
its not a F/S thread, therefore this isnt spamming :p bite me

Dod
31-03-10, 12:42 AM
Rule 1 Stu. :D

Keith, funds and efforts arent really an issue, its time. My Vectra GT needs this engine fitted and its gonna take a week+ again the fly by weire etc is sorted, at the moment with the wedding fast approaching the funds are needed any anything nearly ready to go has to be sold, these are miles away yet so they get left behind and fobbed off. I just CBA.