PDA

View Full Version : Nova Gte

G-MANS
29-03-10, 11:02 PM
Nova GTE, Panther Black, F reg. Approx 103000 miles. MOT until 12th Nov 2010. Tax till October 2010. I have owned this car for 8 years and have replaced, up rated many of the parts on it to get it to the spec it is now.

Professional Full respray in metallic Panther Black 7 years ago – The body work is still in very good condition with only a few stone chips and light scratches in some of the paint work. Rear arches, front arches (slightly flared) and driver door skin was replaced then. When waxed the car looks excellent though.

The exterior mods are: Bee sting aerial, alloy fuel cap, half smoked rear lights, clear indicators and side repeaters, lightly tinted (30%) rear side windows and back window, delocked front doors, all plastic trims and decals removed, colour coded bodywork, smoothed front bumper, Honda jazz rear wiper.

Alloys are 15” white Compomotive mo’s (6j 100 pcd, offset et 49). The front 2 alloys have been kerbed a little. The tyres are all Eagle F1’s 195 45 15, rear are as new fronts still have a fair amount of life left in them.

Brakes are upgraded to 2.0 16v brakes with recent new discs and pads (256x24 grooved vented disks with calibra calipers painted red, mintex 1144 pads), goodridge braided hoses and new brake fluid.

The engine has been fully rebuilt 3 years ago with new piston rings and gaskets throughout, cylinder head has had Bill Blydenstein’s b+ pack (port polished, bigger inlet valves), and also bill modified my standard air box (great mod, much better then a k&n). The engine also has fitted a kent cams kit nvo61 270 degree with new followers and valve springs.

There is a full magnex exhaust system on there. The red Magnecor (8.5mm) ht leads.

Suspension is Bilstien cup dampers, Eibach springs -25mm, power flex poly bushes all round, Harry hockler chassis strengthening kit fitted, front and rear strut braces, OMP 6 point bolt in roll cage with removable diagonal and door bars (powder coated in black).

The interior has been stripped, all old seats removed and fitted with 2 Konig K5000 Leather reclining seats in Silver and Black plus matching Konig Nova Subframes, also harnesses fitted. Momo race steering wheel with snap off hub, momo gearnob, leather handbrake gaiter, corsa indicator stalks.

The car is fitted with a “code alarm” system and “toad immobilizer” (both insurance approved).

Any work carried out on the car was by fully qualified professionals.

Bad Points:

Passenger electric window is sometimes slow on the way down (fine going up).
Slight bubbling on rear bottom edge of passenger door. (shown in pics)
Rust bubbling through on both rear arches (shown in pics)
Boot corners are rusting (shown in pics)
The gearbox is a little sloppy and noisy (has been for the last 4 years) but is a strong box. Ideally it would be nicer to drive if this was changed).
Battery light on dash shows up faintly when driving at night (has been like this for 4 years – doesn’t affect the car at all, battery is healthy as is alternator)
The car is over 20 years old so does show signs of its age, mainly rust issues but it still has many years left in it. If someone has good welding skills most rust issues can easily be fixed. Engine bay is fine as is battery tray.
(Pictures of said rusty areas to follow within next few days!)

Included in the sale is:

V. good condition original GTE seats
Stealth shelf with 7x10 kenwood speakers
K&N air filter (57i kit excellent condition)
Original GTE steering wheel
Original GTE cams
Spare rear windscreen
GSI 6 dial clocks
GTE 6 dial clocks
Approximately 55 Total Vauxhall Magazine editions
G-max sport suspension kit -35mm (suspension on car now is far more superior then this kit)

General Overview:

The car drives very well and is quick off the mark. I get comments all the time on how well it goes and on how tidy it looks. I have changed the oil/filter every 3000 miles and maintained the car regardless of cost. My yearly mileage is usually only about 2000 to 3000 miles if that.

In my honest opinion the car could do with some welding in the areas previously described to tidy it up nicely. The car has always passed its MOT first time round.

I would like to sell the car complete with all spares inc….even if you don’t want the extra parts the price is still:

Price £1300 ono – Cash only on collection! Car is sold as seen!

Contact details:

Car is in North London (post code: N13 5AR)
Mobile: 07977 433 013
Email: gangeli_gte @ hotmail.com
Or PM me on novaload.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/GTE_2006/rollcageseasts007.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/GTE_2006/ANGELIKOS09156.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/GTE_2006/GTEsmooth002.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/GTE_2006/rollcageseasts005.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/GTE_2006/GTEsmooth1002.jpg

Archie
31-03-10, 12:13 AM
I have sent you an email.

G-MANS
31-03-10, 11:30 PM
The car has now been "SOLD". (im gutted, was sad to see it drive away):cry:
Its gone to a good home and a nice guy.
Thanks to everyone who showed genuine interest.

G