PDA

View Full Version : stolen item on the bay.

let_nova
29-03-10, 06:25 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260574265462&_trksid=p2761.l1259

this is my old strut brace that was stolen from my old shell around 6 month ago. just incase anyone is bidding i will be going up tonight to try find the sod:mad:

bmw156
29-03-10, 06:28 PM
are the other parts yours as well?

Nova_Sean
29-03-10, 06:30 PM
pm him and ask how much he wants for it collected tonight. Then go up and do what u gotta do

let_nova
29-03-10, 06:32 PM
pm him and ask how much he wants for it collected tonight. Then go up and do what u gotta do

says i cannot view! says its going to the highest bidder.!

brainsnova
29-03-10, 06:33 PM
can you imagine his face when he opens the door to flying fists lol

Bubba
29-03-10, 06:34 PM
inform ebay that is stolen goods

brainsnova
29-03-10, 06:35 PM
dont inform ebay or it will get removed and let wont find him to pick it up :d

let_nova
29-03-10, 06:36 PM
ebay wont remove an item unless the police have informed them

Nova_Sean
29-03-10, 06:37 PM
Put a silly bid on. cash on collection

Sloth
29-03-10, 06:43 PM
agreed. bid 300 and go round and insert it somewhere...:thumb:

joenova_gte
29-03-10, 06:44 PM
out bid everyone go collect and then beat him with it!!!!

Nova_Sean
29-03-10, 06:46 PM
But dont damage it!

w88rdy
29-03-10, 06:48 PM
could of easily changed hands many times in 6 months but still go round and question where its from but forget the fuzz they wont do fek all

joenova_gte
29-03-10, 06:50 PM
[quote=w88rdy]could of easily changed hands many times in 6 months but still go round and question where its from but forget the fuzz they wont do fek all
swing first ask questions later:thumb:

General Baxter
29-03-10, 06:50 PM
voice of reason, how do you know its yours, theres more then 1 of them shoddy braces about lol

w88rdy
29-03-10, 06:52 PM
hmm then get done by the fuzz yourself??

Unfortunatley the lad may have bought it honestly from someone else then you would have a lawsuit on your hands

draper
29-03-10, 06:54 PM
voice of reason, how do you know its yours, theres more then 1 of them shoddy braces about lol

+1

Connor
29-03-10, 06:56 PM
Unfortunatley the lad may have bought it honestly from someone else then you would have a lawsuit on your hands

Happened to a lad local to me,
bought a car with a sheetloads of stolen parts (he genuinely didnt know),
took it up southend with his bonnet up,
and the bloke pointed out that was his one off rocker cover
it even had the blokes name sprayed on it lol
then they looked over the car and realised that half of it was stolen parts!!!

Annie
29-03-10, 06:57 PM
your prob have have to let him keep it after you have finished with him, poor lads gonna need a brace for his legs lol

let_nova
29-03-10, 06:57 PM
its 30 miles away, theres only 2-3 novas in this area, of which i know them all. it is a very small place! i dont actually want the brace but its the principle

Andy
29-03-10, 06:58 PM
lol at the forum gangsters
Go and ask where it was from

General Baxter
29-03-10, 06:59 PM
that means nothing, he could of had it for years, iv got stuff in garages, not many people know about, so if i put them on ebay just after say some of said items go missing,

have i stolen them

sorry let, i dont think you can say its stolen, unless you can prove it

it may be stolen, it may not, but thanks for pointing me in the right direction of a cheap brace

vaughanmc
29-03-10, 07:00 PM
its 30 miles away, theres only 2-3 novas in this area, of which i know them all. it is a very small place! i dont actually want the brace but its the principle

I know what you mean mate - This place is a small area where I live and if any my Nova stuff went missing and I seen it on someones car or online forsale I'd be doing the same as you mate

Not really the right way but at the end of the day if it's yours...then it's yours :)

Mike
29-03-10, 07:03 PM
Get your crime number from when the break in/theft happened, call your local plod & give them the eBay item number, inform them of your intentions of winning it etc an collecting it & they'll arrange a date/time with you & will accompany you to go collect it, an make arrests/inquiries if needed :thumb:

daleNOVAbrennan
29-03-10, 07:17 PM
Get your crime number from when the break in/theft happened, call your local plod & give them the eBay item number, inform them of your intentions of winning it etc an collecting it & they'll arrange a date/time with you & will accompany you to go collect it, an make arrests/inquiries if needed :thumb:
you really think the police are going to be interested lol

Mike
29-03-10, 07:18 PM
you really think the police are going to be interested lol

You would be suprised. I was.

daleNOVAbrennan
29-03-10, 07:21 PM
You would be suprised. I was.
i dont think there even going to be interested, they'll just say nothing they can do,thats all they ever say

brainsnova
29-03-10, 07:32 PM
i dont think there even going to be interested, they'll just say nothing they can do,thats all they ever say

just mention you seen him dealing soap powder looking stuff ;)

daleNOVAbrennan
29-03-10, 07:35 PM
just mention you seen him dealing soap powder looking stuff ;)
mite get off there **** then llol

Jon_nova1
29-03-10, 07:35 PM
yes the police will be interested!!

if you have previously reported it they'll have an open case, it works on figures, if you hand it to them on a plate they'll want the case closed

daleNOVAbrennan
29-03-10, 07:37 PM
police are never interested in stuff like this to much hard work for them

craig green
29-03-10, 07:42 PM
Bid on it, win it, pay for it, say it never arrived & file Paypal disute.

GAME OVER.

Benn
29-03-10, 07:45 PM
Sorry but i agree with Baxter, how do you know its yours? They all look the same.

twistysnovagte
29-03-10, 07:54 PM
im also with baxter here tbh
he could have bought it a while back then sold his car on etc
the guy selling it could have bought it elsewhere ie the guy who robbed it from you etc(if that makes sense)
i kinda know how you feel about it being close to home,but that doesnt prove it is him who thieved it from you,could just be coincidence!?
there must be quite a few of those braces about similer.unless it has any markings you recognize,then id be careful how you go about it!

bazil
The only thing I would say is if this is your strutt brace ( which it probably will be) the guy selling it may have bought it of the guy who stole it in good faith not knowing it was stolen, cos you would need to be pretty thick to steal it then sell it on eBay, especially up your way.

Olly755
It's hardly the smartest move to plaster your intentions all over the internet either.

Plod have their uses. This is one of them.

MattBrown
29-03-10, 08:00 PM
I agree, theres no proof its yours, it could have gone up or down the country by now, they made 1000's of nova braces, so why is that one definately yours?

Also, if you turn up giving it the big man, and he pulls a knife on you, youll be the ardest man in the hospital, still with no brace, and wounds for life.

Think on before going down, if I were you, bid, win, demand collection, then speak to him, could be a genuine lad:thumb:

mrT
29-03-10, 09:33 PM
[quote=craig green]Bid on it, win it, pay for it, say it never arrived & file Paypal disute.

GAME OVER.[/quote

+1:thumb:

mowgli
29-03-10, 10:00 PM
why worry???? an ally strut brace does sod all

from experience, just ring the police, tell them & then simply forget about it. life is too short to get yourself into trouble trying to the clint eastwood thing....

l1nuxxx
29-03-10, 10:34 PM
I'm up for a road trip lol. On a seripus not there can't be many Novas in Oban its fecking tiny I think Gary Blacks Nova in last months TV is from Oban and he doesn't have a brace in his. Is any of the other stuff yours?

grooge
30-03-10, 12:09 AM
The only thing I would say is if this is your strut brace ( which it probably will be) the guy selling it may have bought it of the guy who stole it in good faith not knowing it was stolen, cos you would need to be pretty thick to steal it then sell it on eBay, especially up your way.

i'd agree with this having spent a lot of time travelling all over the west coast of scotland (most weekends). its all close knit communitys and you would have to be stupid to steal something and then put it up for sale. I reckon unless the guy is seriously lacking a brain he has bought it in good faith and is now selling it on.
I would still investigate though. If you can't go and see it though I would think of involving the police.

Adaz_blud
30-03-10, 12:15 AM
ahh i bet if it is stolen he wont let u go collect it he will just say sorry can only send it

L14MNP
30-03-10, 09:39 AM
Let him send it then. If he's as stupid as you are thinking then he won't send recroded, but will probably include his return address. Not allowing viewing or collection sounds like a bloke with something to hide IME.

File the Paypal dispute, claim it didn't arrive and you may get a refund. Also try contacting other people that have won his items, see if they have an address.

On the whole I have to agree with the minority though, unless it has some distinctive markings on it there is no way to prove it is yours.

l1nuxxx
30-03-10, 05:56 PM
Can't you also see the senders address if you win something on ebay?

Smurf-Xx
30-03-10, 08:05 PM
How on earth can you say thats yours though? you maybe from a small area but everyone has cars and sheds full of junk.

JordyzNova
30-03-10, 08:15 PM
how do you know its your stuff 100% ??

dj_wudgey
30-03-10, 08:47 PM
take a big bat round and stove his head in!

markc20xe
30-03-10, 11:51 PM
i was goin to bid on that as well lucky i didn't then? how you no its yours tho( just askin so dont bite my head off)

LEWI007
31-03-10, 12:14 AM
He could of bought it off ebay months ago and had it posted from miles away to his house.

Still theres a good chance it could be your stolen one.

Best thing to do would be to go to his house and talk to him, but all hed have to do is make some explanation up of where he got it from and you have no reson not to believe him. so IMO you cant win.

Tony M
31-03-10, 12:46 AM
A bit of a sticky situation mate. You will know when he's lying anyway by brief explanation, no eye contact, stutter maybe? Although if he realises by looking on ebay that you only live a stone throw away he might already have his guard up or story worked out. Lets just hope he's not a big gripper lol

dj_wudgey
31-03-10, 12:55 PM
did you go up last night mate? I hope you get it back try not to get arested though ha ha!

brainsnova
31-03-10, 01:26 PM
go on jeremy kyle and get a lie detector test.

mowgli
31-03-10, 01:36 PM

to go on there he'd need to steal the item, impregnate the blokes bird & then get a drug habit

brainsnova
31-03-10, 02:08 PM
lol thats a tall order

Cle
31-03-10, 07:08 PM
If let hasent replyed im guessing the brace has now been bent round the blokes head haha lol Go let_nova :thumb:

Angus Closier
01-04-10, 01:52 PM
If let hasent replyed im guessing the brace has now been bent round the blokes head haha lol Go let_nova :thumb:

Or let_novas head....:tard:

If it is yours i hope you get it back.....stealing scum:mad:

novasrikev
01-04-10, 02:54 PM

lol lol :thumb: +1 fella