PDA

View Full Version : Nova vs Saxo

Chris LR
20-04-03, 01:11 AM
I've had the Saxo about 2 weeks now and It's not as good as I thought it'd be. Sure it does a few things better than the Nova did, but at the same time the Nova did other things better.

Saxo - economical, better ICE, safer, rear opening windows, bigger boot, better around corners at speed, power steering.

Nova - faster, felt bigger, looked better - alloys - spoiler, better driving position, easier to drive.

All in all I'd say it's a fair swap, but there were a few things that suprised me. The Brakes in the Saxo are only slightly better than the Nova. Both the cars use the same size tyres as standard.

Also the Saxo's Handbrake is in the wrong place along with the window switches. Also the headlight adjustment is in a stupid position. The Sunroof doesn't open all the way, the Spare wheel is under the car, it has too many warning lights, it sounds like a diesel, it's got 'fake alloy' wheeltrims, dealer stickers on the rear window.

IT'S CRAP

mikesri
20-04-03, 09:57 AM
:roll:

What can you say???? People will buy these cars!!!!

I wouldn't drive 1 if i got given 1!!!

Let alone mod 1!!!!

Easier just 2 modernise a nova!!!

I bet your gutted you got rid of it?????

Tilly
20-04-03, 12:21 PM
Traitor

thats what u get for buying a citroen

Chris LR
20-04-03, 03:23 PM
The pedals are too close together, the gearchange is notchy, the rear visibility isn't good, the light switch is a joke, the airvents are too small, and the worst wosrt wosrt thing of all........

The passenger doesn't have a light-up mirror in the sunvisor!

So far I've managed to beat a Merc Van away from the lights.

Anton
20-04-03, 03:25 PM
at least i stuck with vaux :D

Mel
20-04-03, 09:30 PM
Citroen's aint that bad tho...my parents have owned the BX for roughly 14 years..i've drove um about a few times..

i still prefer the nova..no matter what :wink:

Fester
20-04-03, 10:32 PM
i wouldnt mind a shot in a VTS to see what theyre like

if i got a saxo it would ONLY be the VTS, id probably leave it pretty standard to get the most out of it, if modded only then proper performance enhacing stuff rather than 17s, slammed etc

like it or not they do get rave reviews in mags like CCC which i think are pretty reliable for performance testing etc

i have an old revs here which says dont bother slamming them on massive rims it just wrecks what theyre all about

wisewood
21-04-03, 10:25 AM
Well having gone from vauxhall to some foreign filth myself i have to say i was more happy with the nova too.

Although the clio is still quite old (1996) its 10 years younger than the nova was and i have to say they are not that different to drive.

The nova was marginally quicker on acceleration (maybe because i didnt mind thrashing it so much) and the clio has the edge at top end just about...

THe interior is MUCH better in the clio as standard compared to my brown mk1 interior although the SR seats i fitted later were much more comfortable than the standard clio seats. The gears and handling as standard in the clio are pretty similar to the nova really - all in all a fair car to move on to - almost identical to drive and its been much less trouble.

Only problems with the clio are its a bit girly and its french :lol:

Nova-Flair
21-04-03, 12:57 PM
i fcukin hate saxo's!

gimme a GSI nova over a VTS saxo n e day of the week!

Nova-Boy
22-04-03, 10:38 AM
I dont know why everyone bangs on about the VTR and VTS. there nothing specail are they? Bloody French!