PDA

View Full Version : Ecu which wire C20xe & whats this?

auzzy-b
28-03-10, 05:37 PM
i know its the brown/blue wire but ive got a choice between 2 wires to choose from (the two wire twisted toghether on left of pic)? not sure which.. is there any way of finding out for eg- does this light normally come on for a short while when the engine is started?

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt87/austen-b/Photo0050.jpg

and cant remember what this is on the nova loom exactly? i know it comes up to the battery and connects to the terminals but what is for, headlights?

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt87/austen-b/Photo0048.jpg

comptoncj
28-03-10, 05:44 PM
Turn the igniton on and connect it the managment light should come on, that what i did with my corsa.

auzzy-b
28-03-10, 05:55 PM
yea, thats what i had in mind, thanks! any ideas on what the other thing is?

auzzy-b
28-03-10, 05:58 PM
should there be two brown/blue wires free? because theres also one coming of the fuel relay that has been snipped so im guessing mabye that will go the one i dont use??

comptoncj
28-03-10, 06:11 PM
Not sure to be honest would have thought you need the brown and blue off the fuel relay if its there, on the wiring diagram for an xe it doesnt mention one, just a brown and black and brown and white.

auzzy-b
28-03-10, 06:46 PM
well looking at this pic from the articles section you can see they do have one but i cant make out which one has been used??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/lashednova/xejibberish.jpg

comptoncj
28-03-10, 06:51 PM
The one you have circled on the relay is red and blue and its power to the injectors IIRC, and you join the brown n blue up to what ever colour the Nova EML wire is and that will work and to get the flash codes up if you have any problems its brown and yellow.

auzzy-b
28-03-10, 07:08 PM
lol that pic isnt of mine.. the one circled in the middle (brown/blue) doesnt look to be going to the fuel pump! so ill try what you said by switching on the ignition to find the correct one:thumb:

Lee H
29-03-10, 09:24 PM
Think the thing you are unsure of what it is is the relay for the horns as the GSi has two horns.

Adam
29-03-10, 09:40 PM
The ecu light will be a single wire, not a twisted pair like that

novasrikev
29-03-10, 10:10 PM
[quote=Lee H]Think the thing you are unsure of what it is is the relay for the horns as the GSi has two horns.

as lee said its for the multi tone horns you dont need it if you only want to use a single horn:thumb:

auzzy-b
30-03-10, 07:20 AM
^ahhh rite! well its ot needed in that case so ill just tuck it away somewere, tah:thumb:

auzzy-b
30-03-10, 07:23 AM

yea thats what im trying to figure out, which one it is? i dont think there should be a spare brown/blue wire should there? thats why im guessing one of them (the one that will be left over) must go back to the brown/blue wire coming of the fuel relay! you cant see in my pic and im not sure why but it has been snipped:roll:

General Baxter
30-03-10, 07:59 AM

to get my eml to work, iv had to twist two diff coloured wires together like a pink and yellow, stupid early looms lol