PDA

View Full Version : V6 gurus please

l1nuxxx
27-03-10, 08:12 PM
Right. What do you v6 owners do about exhausts? On the rear head the steering rack fowels the manifold so whoever had the car before me has just welded the pipe onto the maifold at the engine, hard to explain really lol. So insted of 4-2-1 I have The bit bolted to the head then 1 lol the pipe has also been battered with a hammer so not to foul the rack. It's a right dogs dinner lol. The front one is fine but where the 2 meet the welds are **** so its blowing. I also only have one rubber on the whole exhaust at the backbox and I know thats not right lol. Does anyone on here make one or whats the recommendations because I must be losing some power with the shabby mess of it lol. Its on a C25XE nova.

Cheers

Jack
27-03-10, 10:27 PM
Have an exhaust shop make one up. The only other option is to bodge the manifold, of which it sounds like yours has already had that option lol

Ben
27-03-10, 10:28 PM
IIRC your problem is the front mount needs moving/adapting to tilt the engine slightly so you can just get something on the rear manifold.

david dixon
29-03-10, 10:28 PM
use a stainless manifold and cut it on a angle (pointing down overs more) then weld it back up, then bolt on your down pipe and alter it to suit your rack etc, its usually a easier job this way!

David.

l1nuxxx
29-03-10, 10:35 PM
Trying to picture that lol. Where is a good place to get a stainless manifold from?

david dixon
29-03-10, 10:57 PM
they usualy have one on the rear as standard?

David.

Sloth
30-03-10, 08:38 AM
a guy on mig used a front mani on the back, and cut the downpipe to fit.

david dixon
30-03-10, 11:58 PM
I wouldn't do that, they on even more a angle and are cast so can't be cut unlike the rear stainless items

David.