PDA

View Full Version : half a digi

waynes sri
26-03-10, 06:02 PM
got a set of digi clocks off my mate and i plug them in but only the rev and speedo light up temp fuel etc is blank? are they ****ed?? ive took my own set out which work to tey is so i know the wiring is fine

mayhem
26-03-10, 06:04 PM
both bulbs work?

Spudly
26-03-10, 06:09 PM
One of your bulbs has blown, common problem on them when they go in and out of cars lol

Swap the two bulbs over and you should see the other side light up, but having said that it could be the bulb its sat squarely and moving it may cause it to work, long shot but you never know!

Andy
26-03-10, 06:11 PM
or the contacts can corrode what they sit in,ive had that problem before and had to scrape it off.

waynes sri
26-03-10, 06:17 PM
both bulbs work? ive took the bulbs out and it looks fine looks not very old really ???

Spudly
26-03-10, 06:32 PM
ive took the bulbs out and it looks fine looks not very old really ???

Might look alright but still be dead, swap the bulbs over and you will know if its dead as you know the other side works so if you put the suspect bulb in and it works then your contacts need cleaning up, if it doesnt then your bulb is fudged, seemples lol

waynes sri
27-03-10, 10:42 AM
Might look alright but still be dead, swap the bulbs over and you will know if its dead as you know the other side works so if you put the suspect bulb in and it works then your contacts need cleaning up, if it doesnt then your bulb is fudged, seemples lol cheers spud ill give them a go then

Tim-SR
27-03-10, 11:33 AM
sorted it bud?

waynes sri
27-03-10, 11:39 AM
not yet mate ill try them when it come back from painter then if they work i can sell them lol

brainsnova
27-03-10, 11:57 AM
i put new bulbs in and a year later one went out and as i was mad at spending £10 on 2 bulbs i hit the top of the dashboard and it came back for 6 months then popped lol

waynes sri
27-03-10, 12:02 PM
i put new bulbs in and a year later one went out and as i was mad at spending £10 on 2 bulbs i hit the top of the dashboard and it came back for 6 months then popped lol haha see if i hit it my luck ****in clocks would break or dash board would split lol were are the bulbs from vauxhall