PDA

View Full Version : Changin cam carrier

Bubba
25-03-10, 06:07 PM
well by the looks of it ive eaten my cam seals and im pissing oil out everywhere :mad:

anyone got a step by step guide on how to change it? or is it really as simple as unbolt from head, swap all bits over, bolt new one on, time it up

AlexW
25-03-10, 06:15 PM
Preety much, your need to replace the headbolts too.

Bubba
25-03-10, 06:16 PM
is that needed or advised lol

brucer
25-03-10, 06:35 PM
they arnt expensive so i would, you want some type of sealer between the cam carrier and head aswell.

garyc
25-03-10, 07:19 PM
Is it the seal at the end of the cam next to the sprocket iirc you dont need the head off and I'm pretty sure it tells you in the haynes how to do it. Dizzy seal is just an o ring.

Bubba
25-03-10, 07:35 PM
its the cam end yes. i thought id jus stick in my piper 270cam which is in a carrier. probably be just as easy

mark69
25-03-10, 11:53 PM
instead of changing the whole cam carrier. just change the seal. i had to do this when i changed the cam in mine.

get a 1mm drill bit, drill a tiny whole in it by hand not with a drill. then pull it out with something with a small hook on the end. take it to a vaux dealer or maybe try a motorspares and get a new seal.
but when putting the new one in. use a socket roughly the same size as the seal and make sure you put it in square.

jobs a good'en