PDA

View Full Version : help,Coilovers!! are these any good??

JBrown
25-03-10, 03:45 PM
what do you think of these coilover before i decide to buy them?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290369781282&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

FB_evolutions
25-03-10, 03:46 PM
you get what you pay for!!!

Tim-SR
25-03-10, 03:56 PM
my mate had a cheap set and the threads didnt stay free for very long, but as said, you get what you pay for.

AlexW
25-03-10, 04:31 PM
^Threads get funked on most, rusting/road ****.

Whats the car being used for/what are you hoping for?

Track use id imagine there not great, but for just out right lowering they will be fine i imagine, maybe not comfy, but then again your fitting them to a 20 year old car.

sr jack
25-03-10, 05:02 PM
i would rather roll standard! after owning a cheap set then going to gaz there is no point waisting your money on them.

Edd
25-03-10, 05:04 PM
cheap suspension is pointless and a waste of money imo, better off getting some decent stuff to begin with.

Rysee
25-03-10, 05:04 PM
Some nearly new Spax RSX went for £120ish on ebay the other day, i was watching and forgot about them, keep an eye out for decent gear rather then cheap toss

DW-Nova
25-03-10, 09:23 PM
Lik has been said it depends what you want the car for, if it's just to make it look nice and cruise around in then hey why not ? As for the comfort side of things, well you'd be suprised with some of the cheaper kits imo, they seem quite softly sprung, i have Spax RSX on mine and they are really really hard !!! obviosuly theyre adjustable and on the softest setting theyre not to bad but still pretty firm, then again you dont really drive around in a Nova because it's a comfortable car hey lol.

Rysee
25-03-10, 09:26 PM
Lik has been said it depends what you want the car for, if it's just to make it look nice and cruise around in then hey why not ? As for the comfort side of things, well you'd be suprised with some of the cheaper kits imo, they seem quite softly sprung, i have Spax RSX on mine and they are really really hard !!! obviosuly theyre adjustable and on the softest setting theyre not to bad but still pretty firm, then again you dont really drive around in a Nova because it's a comfortable car hey lol.

My RSX were too hard at full but they're ok now i've backed them off