PDA

View Full Version : fast nova!!

TUBZGSXR
18-04-03, 05:45 PM
i was goin to pick my bro up last night and was about to turn off onto a bendy B road that leads to a little town called Buntingford out between hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, anyways just b4 i turn in a realy smart lookin flame red GSi with a fearless cage pulls out from the oppostie road to go on the B road as well, i let him in in front of me as i thought it might be a laugh to hav a bit of a blat along this particular road.. we start off along the road at a steady pace, then at the 1st bend he suddely speeds up and i thought 'here we go' so chased him for alittle while, but it didint seem that fast until suddenyt he just took off into the distance, no matter how hard i tried i just couldnt keep up at all, the distance between him and me gota bigger and bigger and bigger! this car was f''kin fast, and then i see it in the distance cumin out of the last main bend wich leads to a straight up hill climb, and when he hit that it just shot up that hill! soo fast! turns out it belongs to a farmers son that lives near the area and it was a 20litre! and despite the debates that we often hav on this site about 2litre handlin it just ripped round those bends, and the power when it hit the hill was phat! i want ! i want! so yea, well tempted to get the conversion, or at least buy another nova thats already bin done!

privatepie
18-04-03, 05:50 PM
wow a 20 ltr no wonder its fast

TUBZGSXR
18-04-03, 07:42 PM
now that would be fast! undrivable id imagine, but fast..

Ben (lurk75)
18-04-03, 07:46 PM
2.0l are quick but not really upto 60-70 you will get an average GSi eat them up on that scale, the larger engines only do the real work in the later range.

What car have you got?

TUBZGSXR
18-04-03, 07:57 PM
ive got an SRi, decat, full system, filter, probly about 90bhp, maybe a little more, engines done just over 50,000 miles, its fairly nippy but stood no chance against this car :(

Ben (lurk75)
18-04-03, 08:20 PM
You say that but i think it was MC who was telling me that his 1400 used to eat up 2.0l 16v easily, also look at CP's 1400 16v i am not sure what BHP that is but i know Colin Smith's 1400 was 180BHP.

Anything is possible, its not all to do with size.

Rick Draper
18-04-03, 08:24 PM
2.0l are quick but not really upto 60-70 you will get an average GSi eat them up on that scale, the larger engines only do the real work in the later range

What a load of fucking bollocks, a nova 2ltr will smoke a gsi from 0-140 and will not loose to it at any point in acceleration as you have implyed. Have you ever been in one, or raced one. If you have raced one and beat it to 60/70 did you buy Geds mythical red sheds engine? Smoke weed every day. Rick

TUBZGSXR
18-04-03, 08:24 PM
yea i do agree to be honnest mate, im also lookin into 1.616valve on either SBD throttle bodies or turbo, to keep the handling on the nova, Sbd seem to get shit loads of power out of those lumps! over 200bhp

Ben (lurk75)
18-04-03, 08:35 PM
What a load of fcuk b******s, a nova 2ltr will smoke a gsi from 0-140 and will not loose to it at any point in acceleration as you have implyed. Have you ever been in one, or raced one. If you have raced one and beat it to 60/70 did you buy Geds mythical red sheds engine? Smoke weed every day. Rick

I was only stating a fact from my personal experience and a view shared with quite a few people. 2.0l's arent nessacrily the fastest novas out there, you look atr times from places like snat pod and its not very often the 2.0l's with the best time, so i dont think you have any right to insult me. please chosse your words more carefully. i dont mind debating things but there is no need for personal insults.

Rick Draper
18-04-03, 09:35 PM
There is no chance a valver nova would get beaten by a nova gsi not a chance on this earth maybe one with carbs and a lsd is but then you fit carbs and a lsd on a 2ltr nova and supprise supprise the nova 2ltr smokes the gsi once again. If its slower than a 1.6 gsi then why does everyone fit them let me think hmm, to go slower at a guess :roll: Rick

Neil.
19-04-03, 02:36 AM
was it anywhere near sandon? u wouldn't know 'Mill End' would ya, just curious.

TUBZGSXR
19-04-03, 07:43 AM
no mate it was near a little place called Hare street wich is near barkway, anstey etc... there all litle villages between Royston and Ware an herford..

dan16v
19-04-03, 10:06 AM
many a times ive raced my m8s gsi against my 16v and from a dead start he can just about keep up till 50mph they i just piss all over it no probs! i lose out to 50mph due to traction loss

learchnovavan
19-04-03, 10:22 AM
if i got beaten by a gsi to 60 i wud cry and wonder wot he has done to it. theres no way on this earth that a standard gsi will keep up with the van, ive raced lots of nova gte/gsi's n smoked em all over the place. i even had a gte lump in the van b4 the valver and there is no way that the 1.6 was as quick as the valver. :twisted:

nova---chris
19-04-03, 11:40 AM
No 2 litre nova unless it was bollocks would loose out to a gsi!

The handleing isnt as bad as everyone makes outl. It is what you make it.

Id be happy to race any gsi down pod . perfect place to practice that 0 to 100mph! hmmm

:P

Stuart
19-04-03, 12:03 PM
get the TC going too mate ;)

jatinder
19-04-03, 10:59 PM
I dont know a lot about cars, but i do know this, sure if you get a lot of corners a heavily tuned gsi might just be able to keep up with a valva, but general a 2.0l will piss all over it coz at the end of the day its slightly heavier but its got more power, the only problem with a valva would be traction as it has more power as standard and will have trouble getting the powerkdown but when it on the move i dont think a gsi can keep up maybe a heavily tunned 1.6 16v but not so much an 8v, i think thats rite.
well thats my opinion anyway :)

Ian
20-04-03, 12:02 AM
bollocks, i've wasted gsis and tbd 1.6 16vs round bruntingthorpe track with cp as a passenger.

jatinder
20-04-03, 10:45 AM
right ok i was wrong but i thought the tunned 16. 16v were really quick well that wot i heard anyway but i do agree a 2.0l would defently piss all over a gsi no probs.

ollster
20-04-03, 12:17 PM
I guess it all depends on the car and whats been done to it, if the donor car for the 2l 16v, has been prepped correctly with HH strenthening kit, seam or stitch welded engine bay etc etc, along with the correct suspesion set up camber tracking etc etc, im sure that it will handle almost as well as a small block nova.

As for a gsi straight line racing a valver, i would doubt that there would be any competition, the only thing that the gsi would benefit from would be the increased traction from the start and more low down torque, but as soon as the valver hits about 3000 revs in any gear its bye bye.

I would still be interested to see a 2l 16v and a 16 16v race round a tight track though with the same suspension setup's, and equivalant engine specs (both on throttle bodies :P ), im sure the 2l would have it in a straight line, but would be interested to see what happened round the twisty bits.

Ian
20-04-03, 01:41 PM
I would still be interested to see a 2l 16v and a 16 16v race round a tight track though with the same suspension setup's, and equivalant engine specs (both on throttle bodies :P ), im sure the 2l would have it in a straight line, but would be interested to see what happened round the twisty bits.

tbd 1.6 16vs round bruntingthorpe track with cp as a passenger.

:roll:

ollster
20-04-03, 01:47 PM
lol i said id like to see it, so give me a shout when you are gonna do it agian and ill bring my video camera to clear up this little debate :wink:

learchnovavan
20-04-03, 05:25 PM
it doesnt really mata how fuckin fast they r coz if the driver cant handle it then he's fucked. so its down to the driver not the power or setup. u cud have a shit setup n a mint driver and he cud nail a car with good setup n a shit driver. it helps if uve got the power n handling and can drive :lol:

mr_tricky
21-04-03, 10:02 PM
my old nova was a gsi 8v and that was 124 bhp and i race my mate who has it now all the time and there aint anyway that that keeps with me after 40 mph if he`s even that lucky.

lee_gsi
22-04-03, 08:03 PM
Are any of you guys coming upto Castle Combe this weekend?

I will be up there in my 16v nova so you can see how quick they are and how well they can handle.

Look out for a mint green nova wearing MIGWEB plates.

CP. has seen my nova go.

ollster
22-04-03, 11:19 PM
i might travel down if its a nice day, what time does it all kick off

lee_gsi
22-04-03, 11:23 PM
Starts about 9.30

tqd101
23-04-03, 08:50 AM
I agree the 2.0 16v nova which I have handles fine it really does depend on how you drive it! It really is what you make it! and yes they are very quick! If the wheels dont spin to much when pulling away! :D