PDA

View Full Version : flush tailgate

greg00uk
18-04-03, 05:38 PM
I wnat to get hold of the boot 'pop' kit so i can flush my tailgate. but i dont seem to ba able to find them anywhere, anyne got any ideas.
Also i need some new type badges, to rebadge the tailgate.

Fester
19-04-03, 01:46 AM
fiesta xr2i

geordie_racer
19-04-03, 11:00 AM
mate ive got a motor u can have it's out of a fiesta it's just a spring loaded motor that pulls when powers supplied then springs back when power taken away. ull just have to run the wiring and sort a switch. call it ?10 including p+p?

chris

James B
19-04-03, 07:56 PM
u can get a solenoid from maplins, where i got mine from works a treat

mount it in the right place, then just run some wiring from battery down the car, put a switch in somewhere (mine was by the gearstick in the centre console) then run it down to the solenoid

use the earth at the back of the car, same one for rear numberplate light

mines now been linked into alarm so it pops flush tailgate wit remote - nice :D

ade
21-04-03, 03:00 PM
ebay - selling them all the time (under vauxhall nova)

Also - there was someone on general chat who bought one recently

Ask them

Ade

brian
21-04-03, 05:41 PM
this is how i did mine. used a stepper motor from a Seat (i think its the only one they use on their cars) and wired it off my rear wiper wiring. the relay for the rear wiper stops the the motor. i used the original steel piece off the standard lock and twisted it to suit the new motor. job took 10 min
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=704

twim
22-04-03, 08:24 PM
I sell boot POP kits for ?30 which contain everything needed. PM me if anyone is interested.

Tim.

rustboy
22-04-03, 08:39 PM
I found mine on a cav in a scrappys cost me a quid :D

Cjscooby
22-04-03, 10:31 PM
alright mate i have brought one of Twims Boot Pop kits very good value for money i was well chuffed with it everything i needed an all the instructions to fit it too what more could you need Twim your a Top Bloke !
Cheers
CJ