PDA

View Full Version : xe dizzy plug order?

SRlew
24-03-10, 08:03 PM
had the leads out of the dizzy on my xe and no idea what number lead goes where please help

lew

comptoncj
24-03-10, 08:33 PM
Turn the engine onto tdc on number 1 and then look where the rotor arm points and then put the leads on in 1342 order, or look at a pic on someones project thread sure there will be one somewhere if you look chap.

Damo
25-03-10, 10:16 AM
If you have the black plastic dissy cap covers on they have the numbers on thre if not ill have a look for you as its a weird order.

SRlew
25-03-10, 05:25 PM
no no covers mate, cant see any numbers either

cheers pal let me know asap!

Damo
25-03-10, 05:48 PM
Right obviously the coil lead gos in the middle one then from the top it gos.
2,4,3,1 hope this helps mate.

Damo.

SRlew
25-03-10, 05:55 PM
good man!!! just need to find out why it wont turn over now :roll:

cheers fella appriciate it!!

lew

Damo
25-03-10, 08:50 PM
good man!!! just need to find out why it wont turn over now :roll:

cheers fella appriciate it!!

lew

You got all starting/charging loom on right lew? all earths etc?.

SRlew
26-03-10, 06:43 PM
had no earths to the engine what so ever :roll: i forgot about them,

earthed it up just now. connected the battery it turned over, but forgot, the dizzy cap has a big crack and is bout to fall appart, done it from when i picked the engine up. will purchase a new one in the morning and away we go :)

next thing to do is get a tidy b reg SR after my holiday in may and get all the coilovers and xe etc in that :d

cheers for your help fella. will post back tomorrow and let you know if it fires up

lew

Damo
26-03-10, 08:06 PM
Ok pal fingers crossed :thumb: .

SRlew
27-03-10, 07:15 PM
well got the leads the right way round and it fired into life straight away but idiling at 4k! and crankcase oil seal gone so started pissin out oil but at least its running lol

Damo
27-03-10, 10:44 PM
well got the leads the right way round and it fired into life straight away but idiling at 4k! and crankcase oil seal gone so started pissin out oil but at least its running lol

Good to hear that mate av just replyed in your other thread about the fast idle how this helps keep us informed though :thumb: .

Damo
27-03-10, 10:45 PM

Good to hear that mate shame on the crank seal though av just replyed in your other thread about the fast idle how this helps keep us informed though :thumb: .

Damo
27-03-10, 10:46 PM
Bummer double postlol .