PDA

View Full Version : steering rack

scotte
18-04-03, 01:43 PM
i need to change my track rod ends but when i went to get my tracking done they said they had seized onto the rack and i would need a new rack any way of getting them off with changing the rack. if i have to change the rack is it alot harder in a gsi then an sr because of less room i changed one in my sr easy enough????

Aragorn
18-04-03, 04:53 PM
hrm

everytime ive been to get my trackin done they were siezed

nowt that a blowtorch couldnt sort tho :/

tonydry
18-04-03, 05:16 PM
same here had mine done yesterday and the guy just got the blow torch and freed them up

brian
20-04-03, 02:41 PM
the arms coming out of the rack can be taken off. pull back the rubber cover and you will see.
If it comes down to taking out the rack , it's not too bad in a gsi. 4 bolts in the engine bay and one on the column inside. then you will be able to wriggle it out on the drivers side

thai
20-04-03, 06:25 PM
vauxhall track rod ends always rust on just heat them up with with some gas bottles and they will free up easy not that it matters to you because yours are already shot but dont get them to hot because the nylon inside will melt then there fucked then jut reasemble them with some copper grease to make sure it dosnt happen again