PDA

View Full Version : Rattling, It Wont Stop!

Anonymous
14-12-00, 05:39 PM
Ive just got a 400 watt Rockford Sum and A 300 Watt Amp. This is loud. The biggest problem is the rattling. every bolt, panel and piece of glass rattels.

What can i do???

Thanx
The Kevster

Anonymous
14-12-00, 08:09 PM
Well same happens to everyone with an old Nova... tighten up the screws and bolts which rattle and give them washers... mine does it too but you just have to live with it there is no way to stop stuff vibrating... with 400 watts next to it is there

Anonymous
14-12-00, 09:18 PM
one thing you can do is use sound deadening, esp. in ya boot!!

Anonymous
15-12-00, 09:23 AM
My stereo it running a Rockford sub on 400w amp, and doesn't rattle at all. I dead sounded all whole rear end of there car and around the door speakers in the front. Also I have an MDF parcel shelf.

Anonymous
15-12-00, 11:34 AM
Unbolt all the seats (15-20 min job) take out all the carpet(be careful around the front seat mounts, there is a way to get the plastic covers for the runners off - 15-20mins) Fit a load of sound deadening mat (make sure you check your floorpan for signs of rusting whatever. You may take this opertunity to also get the lower seatbelt mounts off, buy a can of waxoil and get loads of it inside the sills with one of those pump things that they come with to rust proof everything a bit.

Best to do it on a dry day mate.