PDA

View Full Version : c20xe without lambda

comptoncj
23-03-10, 11:01 PM
Think im going to be needing a new loom and/ or ecu for my 20xe, can i run a c20xe loom on a 20xe? obvioulsy there is no lambda sensor on my engine, will i be able to just leave the plug not connected or will i need a lambda sensor? I know i will if i swap ecu and loom but wasnt sure if just the loom would work with my existing ecu?

Damo
23-03-10, 11:08 PM
Think im going to be needing a new loom and/ or ecu for my 20xe, can i run a c20xe loom on a 20xe? obvioulsy there is no lambda sensor on my engine, will i be able to just leave the plug not connected or will i need a lambda sensor? I know i will if i swap ecu and loom but wasnt sure if just the loom would work with my existing ecu?

You will need a lambda mate if theres a plug for it even though its a 20xe i had this problem on mine really made it run bad without it plugged in.

comptoncj
23-03-10, 11:09 PM
Oh right, well i wasnt sure if i could get away with it on a 20xe ecu as it wouldnt have anything for the lambda in the ecu??

Damo
23-03-10, 11:17 PM
Oh right, well i wasnt sure if i could get away with it on a 20xe ecu as it wouldnt have anything for the lambda in the ecu??

Ah right didnt know you were runing a 20xe ECU thought you were running full loom and ECU off a c20xe no sure now then mate have a check on pin 20 iirc on the ecu if its there you will probs need one if not you may get away with it as you can ground pin 20 on a c20xe and it bypasses the lambda.

comptoncj
23-03-10, 11:19 PM
Oh right, well il do a bit more homework on the subject and see what i can find, I know theyre not great but i think the next thing im going to invest in before a loom or ecu is a astra gte haynes manual lol

Damo
23-03-10, 11:30 PM
Oh right, well il do a bit more homework on the subject and see what i can find, I know theyre not great but i think the next thing im going to invest in before a loom or ecu is a astra gte haynes manual lol

lol maybe worth it in the long run mate.

comptoncj
23-03-10, 11:31 PM
Yeah wish i had never started this engine transplant, should have stuck to 8v id just about mastered those lol

Damo
23-03-10, 11:39 PM
Yeah wish i had never started this engine transplant, should have stuck to 8v id just about mastered those lol

Theres not much more to these mate lol.

comptoncj
23-03-10, 11:43 PM
lol you should come have a look at the pain mine is being and then you wouldnt say that hehe lol

Damo
23-03-10, 11:59 PM
lol you should come have a look at the pain mine is being and then you wouldnt say that hehe lol

LOL saying that ive still got greif with mine at the mo with that bloody knock snsor fault.

General Baxter
24-03-10, 07:45 AM
iv got a 20xe, i dont even have a plug on the loom for the lambda :p

comptoncj
24-03-10, 08:05 AM
iv got a 20xe, i dont even have a plug on the loom for the lambda :p

same, thats why i wasnt sure if i could use a c20xe loom on a 20xe ecu