PDA

View Full Version : Weird Fueling issues...

KSRY
23-03-10, 06:04 PM
The story...

Changed the cambelt and suspension on the 1.2 Corsa, everything was working fine beforehand, and now the car keeps cutting out under braking/lifting off the accelerator, and sometimes when reversing, also shudders very occasionally, We've taken everything off and gone thorugh it all again and 99% sure its all corrrect but it's still problematic. Prior to this I ran out of fuel due a faulty/inaccurate petrol gauge, but both me and my Dad are stumped, any suggestions?
It's a 1.2 single injection 1.2 8v

daleNOVAbrennan
23-03-10, 06:07 PM
is the timing all lined up correct if not have you bent a valve and is the fuel filter blocked.if that's ok have you damaged the crank sensor when doing the timing belt

muzzy
23-03-10, 06:11 PM
Check the timing out just to be sure its spot on

AlexW
23-03-10, 06:12 PM
As above, i ran out of fuel in the tigra and it didnt run right until i changed the fuel filter.

daleNOVAbrennan
23-03-10, 06:13 PM
if you ran out of fuel theres a good chance all the crap from the tanks been sucked into the fuel filter and blocked it

KSRY
23-03-10, 08:30 PM
Thanks guys, will check the fuel filter tomorrow, have a spare 1 as I was going to change it anyway, the timing belt is definately correct as the engine runs fine when stationary