PDA

View Full Version : Equal length drive shafts

Mieran
22-03-10, 09:50 PM
My Nova torque steers worse than my Corsa and on my Corsa I had equal length drive shafts which makes me think the Nova hasn't got them.

So, does anyone have any pics of equal length drive shafts so I can check if my Nova has them or not. The pics will also come in handy to compare to ones being sold just in case I need some.

Sorry for the newbie question. :roll:

Thanks

The Simps
22-03-10, 09:52 PM
If it has an equal shaft setup you will have a fixed shaft that comes out the gearbox to around underneath alternator area where it is fixed to the block.

Pistol Pete
22-03-10, 09:52 PM
If you had them on your Corsa, surely you know what they look like??

The drivers side shaft will be in 2 sections. The shaft will come out the gearbox, into a second CV joint type assembly, then a second haft to the hubs/wheel.

http://www.corsa-novatuning.nl/images/20%20motoren/20xe/Assen%20calibra.jpg

You can get hold of the setup second hand, but the middle shaft will need changing. Chris Astley sell the correct shaft...oh, wait a minute lol No idea where to get them TBH.

Mieran
22-03-10, 10:00 PM

I forgot to mention that it was a mate who checked them for me plus I can't remember what they look like now lol

thanks for the pics

Am I correct in thinking the shafts in this kit below are non equal?

Item number:360238427747

AlexW
22-03-10, 10:40 PM
Not equal. You would know if there equal as they would be similar lenghs.
They are not.
Clue is in the title really.

Mieran
22-03-10, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Did specific companies make the equal length ones or are they custom?

AlexW
22-03-10, 10:43 PM
There used to be a couple of places you could buy them.

Best chance is second hand, or custom. Or lots of searching and hope you get lucky.

djbrowney
22-03-10, 10:55 PM

The drivers side shaft will be in 2 sections. The shaft will come out the gearbox, into a second CV joint type assembly, then a second haft to the hubs/wheel.

http://www.corsa-novatuning.nl/images/20%20motoren/20xe/Assen%20calibra.jpg

You can get hold of the setup second hand, but the middle shaft will need changing. Chris Astley sell the correct shaft...oh, wait a minute lol No idea where to get them TBH.

did you make these your self pete ?

craig green
22-03-10, 11:05 PM
I would say sever torque steer points toward another area that is not upto scratch. Torque steer is generally fun & controllable. If it is dangerous you have parts that are fooked IMO.

Mieran
25-03-10, 06:01 PM
One more question, do shafts used on a big block Corsa fit a Nova?

I.e. if a Corsa has a c20xe with mtech conversion kit, would the drive shafts from that car fit a xe'd Nova?

AlexW
25-03-10, 06:04 PM
Nope, Corsa's are two inches wider.

Mieran
25-03-10, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the answer :thumb:

lomas
25-03-10, 09:55 PM
and your nova has tappered shafts on so if you get equal length shafts you will need big block hubs

Pistol Pete
26-03-10, 06:14 PM
did you make these your self pete ?

Not mine mate lol google picture!