PDA

View Full Version : Courtney converted 1.3 Turbo, Irmy inlet

Johnny A
22-03-10, 08:36 PM
Had this for a while sitting in the unit so have decided to sell up as its just sitting there doing nowt.

Basic spec: 1300SR lump, low comp pistons (unknown make, approx 8:1 comp ratio)
Courtney turbo exhaust manifold (cast item) with some sort of turbo flange conversion plate bolted to it
Unknown make turbo (I could find out, but its dark outside), turbo needs a rebuild - 2mm on side-to-side play and smoked like a chimney last time it was started.
Genuine Nova Sport Irmscher multi-point fuel injection inlet with all gubbins (fuel injectors, TB, pipework, ICV, loom, ECU, AFM)

Most of the boost pipework was robbed for my Nova project so you will need to get your own (I was using S/S 2" with appropriate samcos and an FMIC)
Also courtney used some sort of boost switch wiring into the throttle position switch to increase fuelling (which it really didn't), I removed this (repairing the butchered loom) and fitted a raising rate FPR which was better.

The FPR did break though (cheapy unit rusted internally lol) so it's not included.

So to make this engine work you will need:
Turbo rebuild or replacement turbo
Some boost pipework
Some sort of extra fueling for turbo boost

Engine has been dry stored for 2 years since it was last used, turns over fine by hand and engine is still making compression fine.

Included if you want the whole engine:
Vernier pulley
Possibly also get a spare cam housing with cam too

I will split or sell as a whole, prices:

Whole package: £350
1300 low compression tall engine: £150
Turbo with exhaust manifold and braided oil lines: £75
Full Irmscher multi point 1.3 inlet setup with all gubbins: £150

Pictures available on request.
Prices are fixed and collection is available from Oxford.

Johnny A
22-03-10, 08:39 PM
Oh and no swops, unless its something I need (which I can't think of anything right now lol)

harry-nova
22-03-10, 09:02 PM
do u kno wat sort of bhp it was producing

Johnny A
22-03-10, 09:04 PM
Not a chuffin clue, however with a T3 and programmable management 150bhp should be a doddle