PDA

View Full Version : Central locking wiring

Nova_Sean
22-03-10, 08:01 PM
I need to run some wires into my horn and headlights/indicators.

For the car finder function i need to run a wire into my horn, what ive done it cut into the wiring for the horn from a wire behind the fuse for the horn. Only problem is that it doesnt work. Even with the key in the ignition giving me power it doesnt work, however, the horn works when the horn button is pushed.

Where would a better wiring position be for this? or is their another way? or, most likely, have i been thick?

Also, where would the best place to cut into the indicators be? I thought behind the hazard light switch...would this be ok or is it better/easier to go somewhere else?

Also need to run a wire for to the brake pedal switch, would it be best to find the brake light wire and cut into that?
And a negative door switch. Dunno if i got one of those!

Nova_Sean
22-03-10, 11:19 PM
Anyone! lol

Going back to work on it at 9 need some advice lol

Jack
23-03-10, 11:21 AM
Negative door switch is correct. Open the door, see the button down the bottom corner of the A pillar? Thats the switch :thumb:

As for the horn, that too is a negative switch. It earths out in the steering column (via the horn). How does the horn output from the alarm work, is it positive or negative output?

[edit] indicators - I usually find it easiest to connect that up under the lower steering column shroud.
Brake pedal switch - is that for remote start? All the ones I've seen connect via the handbrake warning light

Nova_Sean
24-03-10, 09:41 AM
brake pedal is 10 seconds after i press it all the doors lock, under driving situations. The horn bleeps as an audio warning to show you have locked/unlocked the car