PDA

View Full Version : Clio Sport - misifre/rpm issue

Mike
22-03-10, 05:56 PM
Lass i know has got a 52 reg Clio Sport 1.4 16v thing.

When driving in any gear it develops a misfire almost like a sticking throttle between 2k to 4k rpm an then again from 5k to 6.5k rpm.

We've changed:

All 4 plugs
All 4 leads
Coil
TPS
Air filter
Oil

Its been on a Renault diagnostic an it showing nothing at all wrong, its had a compression check an its A ok, its had a timing light on it at its pukka.

She's saying apparently the mechanic at her work has changed the throttle position sensor (but it doesnt look like he has?) and the car is still SNAFU.

Im all outta ideas & CBA as its not my car lol lol

Anyone any further ideas, need a quick fix of some sort as its currently awaiting sale!

Lee
22-03-10, 06:01 PM
Does it missfire at the same revs every time? COuld be the crank sensor? Also check the plug on the TDC sensor, I recall a mate having a similar issue.

Could be a lot of things TBH. Are you 100% sure she hasn't roasted the valve stems? lol

novasrikev
22-03-10, 06:03 PM
air flow?
ecu?
fuel pressure reg?
injectors?

Mike
22-03-10, 06:03 PM
Does it missfire at the same revs every time? COuld be the crank sensor?

Could be a lot of things TBH. Are you 100% sure she hasn't roasted the valve stems? lol

It does it at the same rpm everytime, all the time. Good shout on the crank sensor actually, ill call her to get one from her work before she leaves :cool:

Knowing her driving, she probably has toasted the engine lol

Also just occured to me, fuel filter, i bet its full of shÃ*t lol

Lee
22-03-10, 06:04 PM
It does it at the same rpm everytime, all the time. Good shout on the crank sensor actually, ill call her to get one from her work before she leaves :cool:

Knowing her driving, she probably has toasted the engine lol

As per my edit above, worth checking the loom to the TDC sensor

Saloony
22-03-10, 06:05 PM
Injector?? Source it down to which cylinder is down, then swap 2 injectors for each other and see if it moves. Done a fair few of them just lately.

Mike
22-03-10, 06:05 PM
air flow?
ecu?
fuel pressure reg?
injectors?

Dunno, ill have to ask her about them, not my car so i dont really know precise details of whats been changed & what hasnt (neither does she lol)

The mechanics at her work have been scratching there heads for weeks over it an cant find anything out the ordinary :S i dont know what theyve tried or not.

novasrikev
22-03-10, 06:07 PM

could be pal worth changing there only a couple of quid :) my nova was lacking in power i did a full service when i took the fuel filter off it was full of crap put a new one on and it went like a dream

Mike
22-03-10, 06:09 PM
Hmmmmmm, ill give it/her the once over tonight then an see whats what & whats not.