PDA

View Full Version : Pulling to the right when braking!

andy_017
21-03-10, 04:42 PM
Have a little bit of an issue woth the Nova and i'm a bit stuck as to what it could be :confused:

When you brake quite hard the car seems to pull to the right, i've checked all the braking system for leaks at the unions and for the two little copper washers on the caliper leaking and nothing, so the system seems totally pressurised! Both bottom ball joints and track rod ends are new so it cant be either of those being worn. So i think it could be

A) The tracking hasnt been set up yet but it doesnt pull to the right or left when accelerating.

B) Theres a slight knocking noise when going over bumps from the passenger side of the car, only thing it could be is a knackered eccentric topmount bearing???

Anyone had any similar experience before?

Andy

belly257
21-03-10, 04:44 PM
change strut top bushes and bearings, could be them quite common on novas:thumb:

andy_017
21-03-10, 04:47 PM
change strut top bushes and bearings, could be them quite common on novas:thumb:

My car doesnt have strut top bushes just a bearing as i'm running eccentric topmounts, the principle is the same though so cheers for the advice :thumb:

belly257
21-03-10, 04:51 PM
ah okay could be the bearing possibly? what brakes you running? one caliper could be weaker than the other

comptoncj
21-03-10, 05:39 PM
As above what type of brakes are you running, it could be a slider sticking or something like that.

andy_017
21-03-10, 06:27 PM
I'm running Fiat Coupe Turbo discs with calibra turbo calipers! Thats true never thought of a sticking slider!

comptoncj
21-03-10, 06:30 PM
worth a try bud