PDA

View Full Version : Where are the best places to find a Nova??

boy-ray
21-03-10, 04:41 PM
Where are the best plaes to look for a Nova?

I've been lloking for 6 weeks for one the right spec with no joy!!

Autotrader
Pistonheads
Ebay

Any other major suggestions??

muzzy
21-03-10, 04:43 PM
Your local classifieds, Gumtree, here.

craig green
21-03-10, 04:45 PM
the 3 places you say to look are the 3 places most likely places to find feck all, overpriced nonsense or chavved up rubbish.

vauxhall forums or localised ad papers would be my choices. Depends if you want an already sorted car or an unmolested base spec car to build on.

boy-ray
21-03-10, 04:52 PM
Forgot to add:

PNG
MIG
VxON
VODC

Any other suggestions?

craig green
21-03-10, 04:55 PM
The question you have to ask is where would a car owner sell such a car?

The places you say are all valid for finding a Nova. Maybe you need to save a bit more cash to secure a higher bid or travel further. People seem to unearth another clean Nova almsot everyday on here.

boy-ray
21-03-10, 04:58 PM
True, some more cash would be handy, but i am already looking nationally. I guess i'll just have to be more patient.

There is an add in the cars wanted section as well that has had not a single response, I am being a bit choosey with the spec though

muzzy
21-03-10, 04:59 PM
Its usually through word of mouth I find them or in the local classifieds, I'm never being picky on what I want unless I want to wait months

nova danny1
21-03-10, 05:14 PM
car and classic website sometimes have some on but they can be a bit pricey.

Dan Stanley
21-03-10, 06:48 PM
If I see a nova up a driveway that hasn't moved in a while I normally knock on the house and give them my number, that normally only gets you cars that need some TLC though. Otherwise novas get offered to me and my other 'nova' mates because people know we are the only people stupid enough to still want 25 year old vauxhalls!
lol lol lol