PDA

View Full Version : newbie here saying hi

Dom
19-03-10, 10:51 AM
Hey everyone my names Dom and im an active memeber of the mk1astra owners club but just before christmas i was offered a stolen recovered A reg nova in leaf green, with green seats and door cards but brown carpets and dash.
As having owned a 1.4sr and Gte in my younger days (and a blue 1ltr for the reg number) I just couldnt say no so what i got for my money was a 1983 A reg 1.0l with 41,000 on the clock it had a smashed little door window and no igntion barrel well how could i say no for a £100;) :cool:
After having a good poke round Seg (A*** SEG) all I could find was 1 50pence size hole in the floor pan and that the batterey tray has been previously cut out and replaced. After the welding I took him straight for a MOT and he sailed through the tester couldnt believe his eyes.
I spent a while trying to decided what to do with him as i already have a real mint let mk1astra didnt want to go to that level with this so gonna take him on tracks and just general hammering round. Orignal plan was 1.6 16v but while in coventry collecting some suspension from some fella as he was braking his redtop nova he offered me something i couldnt refuse. So i got all the engine mounts, gear linkage, full exhaust system including manifold,tank pump and lines,v6 4stud brake setup with 4 braided lines, motorsport shafts with both cvs attached and the hubs already pressed in to the carriers with pretty new bearings all for the princley sum of £180 and as i already had a redtop in my barn i couldnt say no.
Well my first question which im sure there will be lots of lol is does anybody want these green seats before they go to the dump?

Sorry this is a bit of an essaylol will get some pictures on here later
of SEG and my many other cars
Cheers Dom

burgo
19-03-10, 10:57 AM
sounds like its gonna be a proper bargain track basher :)

mk1nova_rich
19-03-10, 11:00 AM
some people have all the luck!! welcome mate sounds like a nice little find lol

connor c
19-03-10, 11:01 AM
the green sounds class

Spudly
19-03-10, 11:03 AM
Sounds like someones a very lucky boy then, i look forward to seeing some pics when youre over fifteen posts, good luck and welcome:thumb:

Dom
19-03-10, 11:03 AM
cheers guys and burgo i love your nova estate every time iv seen it at shows i always have to have another look its uber cool!!!

Spudly
19-03-10, 11:06 AM
cheers guys and burgo i love your nova estate every time iv seen it at shows i always have to have another look its uber cool!!!

Aye you can say that again bud, build thread is here (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121120) if you wants a read of it, the best bit for me is he originally cobbled it together just two days before the national weekend last year, oh and the fact that at billing Andrew Duerden didnt actually know what it was lol

Dom
19-03-10, 11:06 AM
Sounds like someones a very lucky boy then, i look forward to seeing some pics when youre over fifteen posts, good luck and welcome:thumb:
15 posts?? man this could take awhile lol is there a limit as to when i can post in the for sale section just would rather these seats went to a good home rather than the dump.

Dom

NovaLad
19-03-10, 11:07 AM
Look forward to seeing your project thread up! :)
Welcome to PNG!

Spudly
19-03-10, 11:08 AM
If you need to post items for sale you could send or link the pictures to one of the staff and ask them nicely to edit them into a post for you, or just have a wander round the forums and make a few replies and you will soon get there, just please dont spam your way to fifteen or we will have to tickle you for a few days with the ban-stick lol

mk1nova_rich
19-03-10, 11:08 AM
i hope you plan on starting a project thread when you have made 15 posts, really want to see this Nova :) i love Mk1 Astras too, do you know Bentley off mk1oc?

Southie
19-03-10, 11:11 AM
Welcome to PNG :thumb:

Sounds like you've come across a bit of a bargain there, put the seats in the for sale section someones bound to want them. Shame there green lol

Mattman
19-03-10, 11:11 AM
welcome and

BARGAIN!!!!

Dom
19-03-10, 11:15 AM
well i dont no bentley personally but have herd and read many posts from him. I auctually have 3xmk1 astras 2xmk3 astras(one bein the redtop donor) a mk4(which will be for sale when i finsh it) the nova:) and thats before we mention my mum and dads(R.I.P) cars lol bein a 78 chrysler newport,manta berlinetta, 1961 wolseley 1500 and a 2001 vectra CDX so just a fewlol

mk1nova_rich
19-03-10, 11:19 AM
well i dont no bentley personally but have herd and read many posts from him. I auctually have 3xmk1 astras 2xmk3 astras(one bein the redtop donor) a mk4(which will be for sale when i finsh it) the nova:) and thats before we mention my mum and dads(R.I.P) cars lol bein a 78 chrysler newport,manta berlinetta, 1961 wolseley 1500 and a 2001 vectra CDX so just a fewlol

bloody hell how many?! I bought my Nova off him and I love his GTE, dont speak to him much now though.

Dom
19-03-10, 11:26 AM
yeah we got just a few as for the mk1s got a 1.3l which was my first mk1 but now in peices lol a mint sr with c20let which u should see in TV soon and a real rusty gte that when i have finished stripping will be going for scrap

mk1nova_rich
19-03-10, 11:28 AM
the 1.3 going back together? I dont usually get TV but if i see it i will buy it for a peek :)

burgo
19-03-10, 11:50 AM

thank you very much mate :d was a lot of hard work but i do love it. it will hopefully have evolved again for this show season so make sure you come and introduce yaself

blue_peg_16v
19-03-10, 11:51 AM
welcome to the club mate

sparkie1401
19-03-10, 11:53 AM
Nice find Dom, and more importantly welcome to a great little club

Novas FTW

Dom
19-03-10, 08:38 PM
cheers for the warm welcome everyone.
yep the 1.3 mk1 astra is def not goin anywhere as it owes me nothing sold the 4speed box out of it for £200 alone probably think i would sell the LET sr before that one.
Not long now and i will be able to post pics:)

Dom
29-03-10, 01:50 PM
Thought id post a qucik pic of my nova as it currently stands as im able to post pics now but will be doing a WIP thread soon of when i first got and the stages its been through.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa70/mk1dom/Photo872.jpg

Not the best pic as its getting dark and taken on a phone. Excuse the front panel it used to be alot worse all will be explanied in the WIP thread

Cheers