PDA

View Full Version : rollin road

frog_southampton
16-04-03, 08:08 PM
whats the best things to do 2 make sure your goin 2 get the best reading possible on a RR?

is that nitrox or 10k boost stuff i seen in halford any good??[/i]

ydg27
16-04-03, 08:56 PM
wank dont bother! i used it and it didn't make any difference.

mikeoxford
17-04-03, 12:17 AM
run a couple of tanks of optimax to get all of your old fuel out, HALF A TANK WILL NOT DO

then have a tank of optimax, fresh, just before you go to the RR, wont make all that much difference but will certaintly help if you have a good spark / spark plugs

frog_southampton
17-04-03, 09:31 AM
i got new bosh spark 4 or summint like that

and bosh leads

Nova_GSi
17-04-03, 09:57 AM
yeh, i got some hotshot stuff or summin n it did f**k all

Nova-Boy
17-04-03, 10:07 AM
I have tried optimax in my car and racing bike but didn't seem to make any difference apart from i didn't get as much for my money! :(

rob.slader
18-04-03, 01:06 PM
Unless you will always fill up with Optimax / super unleaded or always put 10k boost in your tank, it is not worth doing this just for a rolling road set up. They will tune your engine to the higher octane fuel in your tank, when it comes to using normal unleaded again, you may suffer from pinking that can cause valve damage. So always get the car tuned to the lower octaned fuel so it will always cope with any octane of fuel you decide to put in without any problems.

SKoob
20-04-03, 10:38 AM
I had a VW Polo b4 my nova and i tried optimax in it and my car was never the same in a bad way :S

mikeoxford
20-04-03, 11:28 PM
Unless you will always fill up with Optimax / super unleaded or always put 10k boost in your tank, it is not worth doing this just for a rolling road set up. They will tune your engine to the higher octane fuel in your tank, when it comes to using normal unleaded again, you may suffer from pinking that can cause valve damage. So always get the car tuned to the lower octaned fuel so it will always cope with any octane of fuel you decide to put in without any problems.

been there done that :roll:

i sorted it by adjusting my timing slightly.......

nova dosed
20-04-03, 11:58 PM
correct u do get pinking after having ur car set up on a rolling road with optimax. I did but i use optimax as i notice a difference the car is sluggish and not as responsive with out it. PLus when i changed the head gasket after using optimax the valves were cleaner than noemal if u know what i mean.

frog_southampton
22-04-03, 09:55 AM
would it make a difference 2 have the heaters on?

2 draw more air though the engine??

some1 said that the fans some places use aint 2 good

Jim
22-04-03, 12:02 PM
would it make a difference 2 have the heaters on?

Any decent Rolling Road will turn your heaters on anyway.

Theres no point trying to get the most out of your car just for this one Rolling road. Take your car along as you drive it on a daily basis. Theres so much variation between rolling roads. The air temperature can have an effect that will give you different readings at different rolling roads throughout the year also.

Jim

CP
22-04-03, 12:21 PM
Increase your tyre pressure by 10 psi - worth a few horses cos it reduces rolling resistance