PDA

View Full Version : vauxhall zafria gsi

Alex J
18-03-10, 05:26 PM
has anyone got one on here? i am thinking of getting one for me and the missus, as we have our first baby on the way, any thoughts or ideas on how good or bad they are?

lee-loon
18-03-10, 05:38 PM
The turbos tend to blow around 30k

I wanted one last year for me the wife and baby but we got something a bit newer,

Riggy
18-03-10, 05:39 PM
^^ lol id say 80k on the turbos , got to fit one this weekend for a friend whos has just poped his haha

lee-loon
18-03-10, 05:42 PM
That's not so bad then I heard it was around 30-40!

Alex J
18-03-10, 05:44 PM
so make sure i find one with low milage, and a new turbo would be a start i guess! ive owned renault 5 gt turbos, so im used to blowing the odd turbo or 10 lol , any other common faults???

Riggy
18-03-10, 05:45 PM
prob have been a load go round that millage, from the old grandads trying to cain it everywhere lol

but i really like them , fancy another mk4 astra myslef , but want a gsi

lee-loon
18-03-10, 05:56 PM
Just painted a astra gsi turbo at work today in red, love them and toucan pick them up for little money,

burgo
18-03-10, 06:00 PM
Just painted a astra gsi turbo at work today in red, love them and toucan pick them up for little money,who's toucan?

Edd
18-03-10, 06:03 PM
z20let = lots of problems, dont do it.

you would be better off getting a 2.2 imo

lee-loon
18-03-10, 06:04 PM
You can's brother.

Stupid iPhone

Mike
18-03-10, 06:54 PM

Ive not heard of many ZLET Corsa C's having problems on CCUK?

blue_peg_16v
18-03-10, 07:04 PM
to be fair if its going to be a family car id go for the sri diesel 150 and fit a tuning box still around 200bhp then and a bit of fuel economy too, you will do a hell of alot more milage than you think with a kid

Keif
18-03-10, 07:49 PM
Turbo's and AFM's are the Z20LETs weak spots.

With regular oil changes you can prolong the turbos life, but the last around the 80k mark.

Unfortunately, the AFM's can go at any time.

As for the car, check the body kit and damage to the bumpers/skirts.

The front prone to stone chips.

Check what rims are on it, the standard snowflakes can be difficult to find if they're not on the car, also hey are different to Astra GSi rims, so check they're Zaf ones.

The rest is pretty much Mk4 Astra quality.

The rare colour is Flame Red, Arden Blue are common as muck.

Also available in Star Silver and Sapphire Black.

If it's the looks you're after, the later SRi's were fitted with the GSi Kit. They're not that common, but all the ones i've seen are diesels.

John
18-03-10, 08:04 PM
I had one, and tbf i miss it! fully loaded Sapphire black, loved it!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/tooleater16v/zafira1.jpg

yeah they have their faults, but no more than any other car imho. My zlet did have to have a turbo, i bought it with that in mind though, and expected it when it went. I then upgraded to a vxr turbo and oil pump.

I still have a zafira now albeit a diesel. Like keif says, if you can't afford a gsi, get an sri, came in 1.8 and 2.2 petrol and 2.0 diesel.

mowgli
18-03-10, 08:09 PM
why does every expectant father think they need a people carrier before their first baby is born?????? a travel cot takes up a fair bit of room for the first couple of months until they can fit into a rockatot seat, and you only need a small bag of bottles & nappies.. and a folding pushchair takes no room up.

you can get on very well with a 3door car too, you only need a people carrier for 2+kids when they get older

lee-loon
18-03-10, 08:14 PM
I had a corsa B for the first 2 months but had to upgrade toa bigger car to fit the pram and other stuff in the boot,

dave watson
18-03-10, 08:17 PM

they are good engines aslong as you dont do stupid things with them

dave watson
18-03-10, 08:20 PM
i say go for it mate they are good cars and if its for you and youre mrs you wont be doing any thing stupid to the engine so it should be good

John
18-03-10, 08:28 PM
why does every expectant father think they need a people carrier before their first baby is born?????? a travel cot takes up a fair bit of room for the first couple of months until they can fit into a rockatot seat, and you only need a small bag of bottles & nappies.. and a folding pushchair takes no room up.

you can get on very well with a 3door car too, you only need a people carrier for 2+kids when they get older

We had ours just because it way easier getting the little'un out of a people carrier, rather than the astra we had before. Wipe clean leather seats were a god send for child vomit! lol

blue_peg_16v
18-03-10, 08:43 PM
i had a nova hatch with my first an xe obviously and will have a let loon when the second comes bigger boot lol

altho heather is going to use the vectra instead of the puma as the pram wont fit in the puma lol

Alex J
18-03-10, 10:00 PM

you can get on very well with a 3door car too, you only need a people carrier for 2+kids when they get older well, i have a kid with the ex, and we didnt get on with a three door, plus me missus has brought the pushchair already, and it dont fit in the yaris sr! id like a bit of daddy cool, i could weld an extra seat in the nova mind youlol !!!

auzzy2000
18-03-10, 10:06 PM
I got the gsi.Turbo went at 32000.Replaced with an upgraded turbo technics one.NIce car and does the job.Kids dog,bikes,fast.No complaints really.Fuel economy aint to good the way i drive it but whatever cant coplain too much about my minibus

NovaLad
18-03-10, 10:23 PM
Don't have a GSi here but as for as how the zafiras drive and feel they are very comfy (we have the half leather half bolster), they are ****e on fuel well urban driving but on motorways not that bad at all.
Can't think or anything else atm other than utter sh1te when it snows!
FO SHO!

EDIT- Clutch is very light and so is the steering.

auzzy2000
18-03-10, 10:42 PM
ye gsi has traction control.cant turn it off.BORING!!!

blue_peg_16v
18-03-10, 10:47 PM
pull the fuse

auzzy2000
18-03-10, 10:49 PM
MMMMMMM.Might have to look for that one.Didnt think of that.Dont drive it much really as its the missus most of the time!!!

Keif
19-03-10, 02:58 PM
ye gsi has traction control.cant turn it off.BORING!!!

You can, easy mod, not dear from the Dealers either.

I wouldn't

pull the fuse
as it's the same fuse for your power steering too. lol

blue_peg_16v
19-03-10, 04:26 PM
ok the wire in the switch lol or pull the fuse and save on the gym subscription

Alex J
19-03-10, 04:40 PM
i best not start modding it straight away (give it a week at least) went and looked at one in kent today, it was very nice indeed, but the t.v didnt work, the discs and pads looked very worn out, and the milage was almost excatly 40k to the mile, witch seemed odd, for a dealers:wtf: , so the hunt carrys on!!

Keif
19-03-10, 06:18 PM
the milage was almost excatly 40k to the mile, witch seemed odd, for a dealers:wtf:

That ones easy to explain.

From your above quote, can you guess the Cam belt change interval? :d

If you're handy with the spanners, use them as bargaining tools, and get a bargain. :thumb: