PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a pickle

l1nuxxx
17-03-10, 06:54 PM
Right. I have been done for speeding. 81 in a 70 by a remote camera. I currently have 10 points. The letter says in bold that they have video evidence. What does this mean? Could I get away with the other details. If I lose my licence how long is it for?

Thanks

Andy

Spudly
17-03-10, 06:57 PM
Edited your post as what youd written was highly illegal!

These days its up to the descretion of the courts, im assuming youre going to be summonsed, if not then you will get three points and have your licence revoked, whether you will be banned or not aswell i dont know though!

General Baxter
17-03-10, 06:58 PM
ill buy the nova for £1k,

thats what that means lol

draper
17-03-10, 06:59 PM
how long untill your points come off ? if its a few months id be trying to get a few adjournments etc

failing that get leters from work about needing your license or your sacked, letters from family about how not having a car will impact on your family life etc

they may let you keep it and give you an uber fine (i had 15points at 1 point on a valid license)

Cle
17-03-10, 06:59 PM
10 :O your beating me lol tbh if they have video evidence then theres nothing you can do but if they dont then you could fight the case in court.

Lee
17-03-10, 07:00 PM
81 in a 70 will be an SP50 and will cost you £60 and 3 points, therefore I would expect you to be banned for a year OR if you haven't held a licence for 3 years, you will lose it completely and have to retake your test.

If you need your licence for work, you could go to court and hope they take pity on you. it depends what your other points are for.

Jon_nova1
17-03-10, 07:30 PM
how long till your oldest points come off?

aaron nova kiddy
17-03-10, 07:44 PM
i got caught doing 115 in a 70 and got 56 day ban and a £400 fine no points but it all depends on the courts

Mike
17-03-10, 07:46 PM
Video evidence means you CANT contest it in court, as you wont have a ankle to stand on.

You sir, are up poo creek good & proper my son.

Jack
17-03-10, 08:10 PM
If your points are within the past 3 years, you'll get banned under totting up.

As Lee says, that'll be an SP50 and £60/3pts minimum.

Lynsey
17-03-10, 08:12 PM
I want to see his original post!

muzzy
17-03-10, 08:15 PM
You are looking at a ban unfortunately, how long that will be is up to the court to decide. If your previous points are for speeding then they won't be overly impressed.

General Baxter
17-03-10, 08:19 PM
id throw the book at you,

id throw it so hard, it would kill you and the person behind lol

Mike
17-03-10, 08:30 PM
id throw the book at you,

id throw it so hard, it would kill you and the person behind lol

What kinda book tho?

As I dont think a colour by numbers, or pop up picture book would hurt to much lol :p lol

General Baxter
17-03-10, 08:34 PM
id grind the edges to a point lol

novaguy08
17-03-10, 09:06 PM
Aren't books usually erm.............. point, as they're squares or rectangles?? or is baxter not alowed pointy things any more?? lol

As its been said, depending on your current points, what theyre for etc, check www.direct.gov.uk/motoring to see how long they take to come off (it was 4 years from date of offence unless you were banned, meaning that its from date of conviction) if its only a couple of weeks then try to push the case out long as possible. if its more than a month then talk to a solicitor and find out how long you can stretch it. If you dont think that you can stretch the case out long enough then just bend over and take the punishment like a man!!

After that I have no idea.

l1nuxxx
18-03-10, 12:24 AM
Well I have no points for speeding. I have 7 that come off in october and 3 I got for using my fone lasty year. Hmmmm lol

brainsnova
18-03-10, 12:44 AM
ive got no points yay

Jack
18-03-10, 10:43 AM
What were the 7 for? Assuming they come off in October they probably wouldn't count for totting up.

l1nuxxx
18-03-10, 04:09 PM
Being honest with you guys. 7 were for being to eager to drive when I turned 17 and I was on a provisional. 3 for answering my fone when I was unemployed and the Job Centre called me after f***ing my claim and I got caught.

I will plee with the court or try and drag it out untill October but thats not likley.

At the end of the day Im not blaming anything apart from my own stupidity

Cle
18-03-10, 06:02 PM
Being honest with you guys. 7 were for being to eager to drive when I turned 17 and I was on a provisional.

:eek: you got 7 points for driving on a provisional, i got 6 for driving with no licence atol.