PDA

View Full Version : no reverse light

vauxluva
17-03-10, 06:15 PM
...............stumpet :confused: got all my lights done bar this one will it be a test failure? its in tomorow???:eek:

General Baxter
17-03-10, 06:15 PM
nope, they wont even check it lol

lewisvalver
17-03-10, 06:22 PM
all thats stopping mine passing the Mot is rear hubs!!i dont have a reverse light either and they never even mentioned it so ill agree and say they probably wont even check it lol

vauxluva
17-03-10, 06:27 PM
god i hope so........hate other ppls shoddy bodges,,twisted wires galore:tard: :cry: ,ive been reedoing all the lights, big headake........fingers crosed my first mk1:cool:

Jack
17-03-10, 06:29 PM
Reverse light isn't part of the MOT.

Its a pretty basic circuit though, is the bulb getting a current?

mk1nova_rich
17-03-10, 06:30 PM
should be an easy fix anyway - check the connections on the gearbox, then check the bulb. Likely to be one of those two

vauxluva
17-03-10, 06:36 PM
:) .deep breath...............rite first thing first went down the basic route ie,fuse box bulb,didnt have a curent tester.......thats one ov my problems?:tard: obv!!,so i went ahead and tried to use oposite side bulb cradle,still no go, went straight to the sensor located on the front of the gearbox,tried then to bridge between the conections.....yes i had a fuse lol, still no go by now as u can geuss i was pretty stumpet,so i chased the wiring all the way from the back.found no breaks any were.........stumpet? got a sensor cuming tomorow dought it will help....luv it ps use a wire from other bulbs ie brakes the bulb lights lol:cry: lol

Lee
17-03-10, 06:42 PM
Stop text typing, you won't get anymore warnings!

vauxluva
17-03-10, 06:47 PM
Sorry i have had a realy busy day.

Mike
17-03-10, 07:58 PM
Reverse light switch on gearbox faulty - replace or renew.
Check rear lighting loom earthing point - job done.

vauxluva
17-03-10, 08:02 PM
Cheers again for the help will update tomorow.

7ova
17-03-10, 09:36 PM
1,unplug the wiring connector on the reverse switch on the front of gear box,
2,use a split pin or a small piece of wire, and connect the two wire's/terminals together inside the plug
3, turn the ignition on (you don't need to put car in to reverse gear)

if the light come's on you have a faulty reverse light switch (common fault)
if the light doesn't come on when the ignition is on and the two wire's/terminals are connected then the reverse light switch is most likely
to be fine and the problem is further on!

good place to start

good luck fella :thumb:

vaughanmc
18-03-10, 02:37 PM
Nope they don't check the reverse light, my cars went through 3 MOT's without them :)

Best of luck, let us know how you get on :)

CoolTiger
21-03-10, 11:44 AM
mine doesnt even have a reverse light