PDA

View Full Version : brakes...........

vauxluva
17-03-10, 07:32 AM
:tard: :eek: im curently trying to bleed my brakes..im only getting paseger side to pull any effort?if i take off the caliper the piston moves? any help would be aprciated ,ive been told to do the back brakes aswel? k-t cornered?? is thiss corect:roll:

napalm_27
17-03-10, 07:38 AM
stay away from a car if you dont know you've got to do all the brakes when bleeding them :thumb:

1. o/s/r
2. n/s/r
3. o/s/f
4. n/s/f

that order

vauxluva
17-03-10, 07:57 AM
stay away from a car....................who else will bleed them up ny nan ?. i bought the car like this,,cheers for info,,less on sarcasm tho matey.i wouldent be like that if u was asking about tig welding,

napalm_27
17-03-10, 08:08 AM
i have no need to ask about tig welding as i mig weld and prob wont do any tig welding in my life

Stuart
17-03-10, 09:36 AM
now now girls

brucer
17-03-10, 10:49 AM
Dont listen to napalm. Sure you'll learn about him soon.

Have you taken the caliper off the disc? As you said the piston moves.

All you have to do is get a small self bleed kit, undo the bleed nipple and ask someone to pump your brake slowly for you. Do this to all the brakes when your satisfied theres no air left in there.

Make sure you top up the tank regularly an dont let air back in the system.

Stuart
17-03-10, 12:00 PM
imho the one man eazibleed kit is way way better than using a mate to pump the pedal.

brucer
17-03-10, 12:06 PM
Is it because youve got no friends? lol . Only joking.

Depends what you have to hand I suppose. The seals in the master cyl. Can be sucked backwards if you have somebody pressing the pedal.

Stuart
17-03-10, 12:14 PM
no mates = safe brakes lol

Royston
17-03-10, 01:02 PM
imho the one man eazibleed kit is way way better than using a mate to pump the pedal.

Useful kit:thumb: used mine several times;) on cars, trucks and tractorslol