PDA

View Full Version : Performance parts for 2ltr 8v

Cle
16-03-10, 07:58 PM
where can i find performance engine parts for sale for a 2ltr 8v engine ?

Cle

deanwilko
16-03-10, 07:59 PM
what you after

John
16-03-10, 08:00 PM
migweb? aoc?

John
mk2oc

John
wanted ad?

Cle
16-03-10, 08:01 PM
Looking to buy new parts ie Cam, valves, valve springs, lifters etc

John
16-03-10, 08:02 PM
ebay.

Cle
16-03-10, 08:03 PM
ebay.

Had a look on ebay but couldnt find any uprated parts

Sloth
16-03-10, 10:34 PM
cam= neumann, valves and valve springs= not sure, lifters = solids and shims is the only option. there are some nice verniers on ebay atm, purple and black iirc.

mowgli
16-03-10, 10:41 PM
give it to me & fit an xe.. cheapest 20 odd hp gain you'll make

Cle
17-03-10, 02:08 PM
cam= neumann, valves and valve springs= not sure, lifters = solids and shims is the only option. there are some nice verniers on ebay atm, purple and black iirc.

:thumb: For valves im just wanting to get new standered ones as i dont want to change the seats for bigger ones, also want some lightweight single valve springs, where could i get solid lifters and shims ? seen the veriners on ebay but did want to buy cos i thought they looked a bit cheap tbh. Getting head skimmed and that at my work for free :d

Sloth
17-03-10, 04:13 PM
if your looking at heads, get a 18e (astra mk1) head and inlet setup, and some 20seh pistons. then a 280 ish deg cam and a vernier. a decent 4 into 1 is a good bet too.

muzzy
17-03-10, 04:48 PM
What are you using the engine for?

You will not need to fit solid lifters with Newman Cams until you reach the stage of fitting the 'phase 4 race camshaft' which is not recommended for use with standard injection, the power band will be about 4-8k RPM, the duration of this camshaft is 300 IN & 300 EX. The only Newman Cams which can be run on standard injection are the fast road, if you are fitting Weber's or throttle bodies's then there are two other options with standard valve train.

Cle
17-03-10, 06:07 PM
Engine is just getting used as a daily/fun car lol The engine is the sri130 so is this a seh or ne ??

Im wanting it to look like a standered engine but acually be pretty powerful and high spec'd.

Plan so far is skim the head, then report the inlet and exhaust bittys in head, then new valves with some lightweight valve springs, then newman cam, veriner pully.

What power output would it roughly be after doing that ? i am hoping for around the 160 mark then ill focus on rest of car.

muzzy
17-03-10, 06:16 PM
The 130 engine is the SEH. You would be looking at the road/rally cam with a standard injection set up. With that camshaft you can run standard valve springs. I wouldn't like to guess a power output because it depends on so many different things. I think you would struggle to get close to 160BHP.

Cle
17-03-10, 06:37 PM
The 130 engine is the SEH. You would be looking at the road/rally cam with a standard injection set up. With that camshaft you can run standard valve springs. I wouldn't like to guess a power output because it depends on so many different things. I think you would struggle to get close to 160BHP.

What could i do to the injection system for more power ?

muzzy
17-03-10, 06:41 PM
If you are wanting decent power you really have to look at getting rid of it completely for twin carb's, throttle bodies or bike carb's. How much power you will get depends on how deep your pocket's are lol. I'm not sure of any upgrade's on these engine's from other Vauxhall's and what is interchangeable so what Sloth suggested could be a good idea, but I really don't know.

Are you skimming the head because it needs skimmed or are you doing it to raise your compression?

Cle
17-03-10, 06:47 PM
If you are wanting decent power you really have to look at getting rid of it completely for twin carb's, throttle bodies or bike carb's. How much power you will get depends on how deep your pocket's are lol. I'm not sure of any upgrade's on these engine's from other Vauxhall's and what is interchangeable so what Sloth suggested could be a good idea, but I really don't know.

Are you skimming the head because it needs skimmed or are you doing it to raise your compression?

Skimming it because i can lol i want good power but dont want to go onto webbers etc etc, so if i can get a better inlet or if i can fit better injector and throttle bodie would be im first option

muzzy
17-03-10, 06:48 PM
For bolt on bits from other cars you will have to wait for someone else to reply because Im not sure about that. Is there any reason you are going 8v as opposed to 16v? Is it going in a Nova?

Cle
17-03-10, 06:50 PM
For bolt on bits from other cars you will have to wait for someone else to reply because Im not sure about that. Is there any reason you are going 8v as opposed to 16v? Is it going in a Nova?

Already in a nova one im hoping to buy as soon as i sort my fiance sitiuation out.

muzzy
17-03-10, 06:52 PM
Ah right OK. The 2.0 8v is quite a good engine as it is especially in a Nova. Personally I would get a fast road cam, vernier pulley and give the engine a good service and go from there. If you start going further then you need to replace parts to make others work properly/at all and then it starts getting expensive.

Cle
17-03-10, 06:56 PM
to start of with ill be getting cam, veriner pull, head skimmed, then report head get new gakets and spark plugs etc then ill maybe see what else i could do.

draper
17-03-10, 06:56 PM
if your chasing 160bhp then buy the nova, take the engine out and flog it, buy an XE an mount that back in

you obviously have all the shafts etc so its as easy any engine swap (bar the chassis leg mod)

Cle
17-03-10, 06:57 PM
lol im keeping it an 8v, not going to put an xe in it.

muzzy
17-03-10, 07:15 PM
Realistically your better off fitting an XE because you will then have about 150bhp straight away for the cost of the engine (£300-400) and it will cost a lot less to chase bigger power with it as well. How much are you taking off the head when you skim it?

Cle
17-03-10, 08:04 PM
Realistically your better off fitting an XE because you will then have about 150bhp straight away for the cost of the engine (£300-400) and it will cost a lot less to chase bigger power with it as well. How much are you taking off the head when you skim it?

not sure ill decide when i come to do it

Nobby
17-03-10, 08:53 PM
tbh mate for the hassle of speding £200 plus just buy an xe you will always want more power with a 8v so save the stress and xe it lol

Cle
17-03-10, 08:57 PM
I need to keep it 8v lol if i xe it then ill be boggered lol