PDA

View Full Version : 1.7turbo diesel is now in!

ydg27
16-04-03, 11:34 AM
finally got round to doing it!!
what a bastard to fit! all of the mounts were different so i am having to make new ones. The 1.5 diesel gearbox is now mated to the 1.7 turbo diesel engine! (what a job)
and the only thing i am struggling with now is the intercooler position - so can anyone help please and has anyone fitted a 1.7 turbo diesel into a nova before?

cheers

Chris LR
16-04-03, 09:35 PM
If you run out of room follow this simple step.......

Make a big bulge in the Bonnet.......

You making ur own engine mounts?

ydg27
17-04-03, 12:13 AM
it wasn't the bonnet that needs the bulge its the gearbox :lol: :lol:
and i've used the cav engine side mount and the nova chassis side mount and made an L piece for the middle.
i've also modified turbo hoses to take a renault 19 intercooler (a lot bigger than standard) so that will be good.

to all desiel fans - keep the black havok alive!!!

novashed
17-04-03, 02:32 AM
wack it in a f*ck off kingdom front bumper !!!!

ydg27
17-04-03, 11:39 AM
kindom look shite! they are fooking picnic tables and i've got a scoop sorted anyway now, pictures will be given on the site when its all done (weekend for the engine & 2 weeks for all bodywork)

Nova-Boy
17-04-03, 11:48 AM
To be honest i'm not a fan of really big bumpers. I think they look out of place and are OTT. A nice GTE/GSI bumper would do. Some others aren't bad as long as not a "picnic table" like said.

ydg27
17-04-03, 01:26 PM
i've got a gsi bumper on the car with a bigmouth conversion (great wacking hole in it) and i will post some pictures of my engine in a minute if someone will say how i can do it.