PDA

View Full Version : carburettor help

boyle_46
16-03-10, 03:36 PM
Hi fellas just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction , i was talking with a pall about removing the injection system and fitting a carb i believe there is a pierberg carb that was fitted to mk2 astras and old 1.8 cavaliers that was twin choke Liam was saying back in the early ninties they modded it so both butterflys opened or something and it gave a bit of power increase when they didnt have the cash for 40's just need to firgure out what carb hes talking about as it was a while ago we were talking about it thanks for any help :thumb: Nathan .

Stuart
16-03-10, 03:55 PM
to go on what engine?

you could make a Weber 38DGAS fit im sure...

boyle_46
16-03-10, 04:06 PM
E16se , nova gte engine thanks Stuart :d

Stuart
16-03-10, 04:10 PM
odds on you will lose power, even with a twin opening carb...

I'd fit a megasquirt, a kent AST2 cam and play with mapping that... will see you more power for less faff and about the same cost.

boyle_46
16-03-10, 04:21 PM
been looking into changeing the final drive in the F13 cr box , and have 2 litre injectors , ideally i would like to run dellarottos but funds dont allow atm was enquireing about the astra carb as theres a rotten mk2 being lifted from mates farm for scrap soon and was going to get it for free , lol looks like il be fitting a cam in the near future :d lol