PDA

View Full Version : Pvs

mk1nova_rich
16-03-10, 11:51 AM
Whats it like as a show? Never been, interested in going this year - would like to hear peoples opinions and comments.

Sloth
16-03-10, 12:23 PM
chav fest.

Southie
16-03-10, 12:25 PM
Events report from last year PVS09CLICKY (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123120)

Mattman
16-03-10, 12:38 PM
2008 was really good but 2009 wasn't the best

1. No proper camping (I would camp at Billing and drive to PVS each day if going this year)
2. as above, proper Chav fest, engines revving till all hours (don't I sound like an old grouch) a perfectly good veccy being jumped on and last year a guy felt the need to drive through tents on the Sunday when everyone was on their stands

Just a couple of examples of what made it crap, oh and the weather sucked making the camping area like a bog. Lovely acidic dirt thick in your arches.

But saying all that I did quite enjoy last year until I had to rush round from the stand and pack up early due to the tent being attacked.

I probably will go this year but won't stay overnight at the pod.

muzzy
16-03-10, 12:42 PM
Me and a few mates are meant to be going this year but not camping.

Mike
16-03-10, 01:42 PM
Dont expect to get more then about 2 hours sleep.

And prepare for ultimate sunburn.

General Baxter
16-03-10, 01:45 PM
And prepare for ultimate sunburn.

i got pod burn and it was raining lol

Jack
16-03-10, 02:19 PM
same every year IMO, no sleep, chavs all over, blah blah. Last year though the show was pretty poo in itself as it just seemed to be Mk5 Astras and Corsa C's everywhere in gay paint and shoite kits. Nothing classic, aside from the odd Manta B I spotted further down the field. But couldn't be bothered to walk down that far lol

Stuart
16-03-10, 02:34 PM
Billing FTW!

I gave up with PV the eyar before last (and that was after a year out lol).

Mattman
16-03-10, 02:43 PM
Billing FTW!

agreed :thumb:

draper
16-03-10, 02:44 PM
dont expect to much of a 'show' and you'll be fine lol

matt_vaughan
16-03-10, 03:11 PM
Trax a better idea "as a show"??

Mattman
16-03-10, 03:13 PM

Never been but heard great reviews so I would think yes.

craig green
16-03-10, 03:14 PM
Whats it like as a show? Never been, interested in going this year - would like to hear peoples opinions and comments.

1st time you go it will be ace. I havent missed any of the 7 previous shows, however it has gotten a bit same old-same old, but the Vauxhall scene has changed over the years as has modified cars in general, so for many vauxhall enthusiasts the show isnt the same & peoples opinions seem to reflect this.

If you want a day or weekend of being utterly surrounded by Vauxhalls & VXR's aplenty, do it...

Stuart
16-03-10, 03:55 PM
PVS is definately more show than go. Same as Trax lol.

both are chavvy skankfests imho.
Just wish I bothered to do Billing earlier than breaking my cherry last year lmao

burgo
16-03-10, 03:59 PM
i used to say pv is worth going for the camping alone, however after last year i really dont see me bothering this year

MattBrown
16-03-10, 04:02 PM
If your up for a right big laugh, and dikking around then yeah pvs!

If your more refined or in your senior ages like alot of members, then billing is for you.

Personally I loved pv's, just for the sheer laugh, and being out rambling around at 2am with a lad I met earlier that day lol

mk1nova_rich
16-03-10, 04:21 PM
If your up for a right big laugh, and dikking around then yeah pvs!

If your more refined or in your senior ages like alot of members, then billing is for you.

Personally I loved pv's, just for the sheer laugh, and being out rambling around at 2am with a lad I met earlier that day lol

cheeky *******!! lol i will only be 20 when i go!! yeh i like a laugh and a few beers or whatever as long as its not full of chav ****ers :thumb: but im not interested in newer Vauxhalls, whats the 80s/90s cars turnout like??

Southie
16-03-10, 04:24 PM
Personally I loved rambling around at 2am with a lad I met earlier that day lolDoes the misses know :gay:

General Baxter
16-03-10, 04:28 PM
i used to say pv is worth going for the camping alone, however after last year i really dont see me bothering this year

you were nearly burned alive in your tent last year :roll:

Jack
16-03-10, 07:51 PM
In a word, no. lol

Well to be fair, I found Trax better in that there was more there; i.e. not just Vauxhalls. Our stand also had a better location, in fact the whole show seemed to have a better/more organised layout than PVS. The only real interest going on though seemed to be Ken Block doing his "17-year-old-in-Tesco-car-park" displays, I didn't get to see any of the qtr miling and stuff there.

but im not interested in newer Vauxhalls, whats the 80s/90s cars turnout like??
Poor, very poor. Some of our Novas seemed to be the oldest stuff there, aside from the odd Manta. Down near the top end of the strip on the hardstanding was just a sea of VXRs.

Jackroadkill
16-03-10, 08:51 PM
I liked the track action and hated everything else, especially the chavs who thought that some serious rev-limiter action at four a.m. was a good idea. The camping was so bad that if an ambulance had been needed it wouldn't have been able to get into the campsite, the weather was ****, the endless pimped-out Corsas were dull....

But I'd go again.

MattBrown
16-03-10, 08:57 PM
I liked the track action and hated everything else, especially the chavs who thought that some serious rev-limiter action at four a.m. was a good idea. The camping was so bad that if an ambulance had been needed it wouldn't have been able to get into the campsite, the weather was ****, the endless pimped-out Corsas were dull....

But I'd go again.

lol at me getting abuse hurled at me for laughing at 40 corsa's, 40 gsi kits, 40 undeclared xe engines, 160 speedlines and 40 chavs

mix this and you have the corsa stand!

Spudly
16-03-10, 08:58 PM
lol at me getting abuse hurled at me for laughing at 40 corsa's, 40 gsi kits, 40 undeclared xe engines, 160 speedlines and 40 chavs

mix this and you have the corsa stand!

Bung a couple more zero's on those numbers and that about sums up PVS tbh lol

Jackroadkill
16-03-10, 09:00 PM

[Top Gun voice on] "This is what I call a target rich environment!" [Top Gun voice off]

Benn
16-03-10, 09:06 PM
Pv is sadly full of shirtless skinny chavs. (unless you ask chip)
There are alot of sh*t cars there.

But they are all Vaxuhalls. There are still alot of good cars there.

You will get sunburn (pod burn) i did even when it was cloudy...lol

Trax is uttle sh*te.

Its all makes of cars. So there's loads of French sh*te with huge badly fitting bodykits.
There's alot of rag heads there.
A lot of ugly ass "promo" girls.
There sh*te music being played very loud everywhere.
You can get that close to the track to take good pics.
After says 8am the que is huge to get it.
Ken block might be there again

Utter waist of time.

General Baxter
16-03-10, 09:26 PM
Ken block might be there again

again, was he there last time, i didn't quite catch him name i think lol

Benn
16-03-10, 09:42 PM
hahaha did that huge jump...... Ish.

muzzy
16-03-10, 09:46 PM
Sounds well worth a 1000 mile round trip :roll:

May as well give it a miss by the sound of things lol

dave watson
16-03-10, 09:50 PM
i fort pvs was good as a show its a good laff with youre mates but camping is rubbish i have just rememberd when i went into the camping bog/field at about 2 on saturday after noon there was 2 lads proper going at eachother haha there was blood every where did any one elce see it

Andy
16-03-10, 09:57 PM
Myself and my mate plus our misses' will be staying in a Hotel on the saturday night and just doing the Sunday,where we will have cold beer,good food,a proper bed,and a warm shower.
The campsite is overun with dikkheads,who in the day are fine,then by night when their all of 10st frames cant take no more ale start brawling with each other and generally cunnting around in cars.The sh1thouses have no bog roll and resemble what can only be described as the khazi off trainspotting.

Benn
16-03-10, 10:08 PM
Hotel the night before is a winner.

craig green
16-03-10, 10:20 PM
How long til the chavs start 'bowling' up for billing?

General Baxter
17-03-10, 07:43 AM
Sounds well worth a 1000 mile round trip :roll:

May as well give it a miss by the sound of things lol

if ade does it, you can bloody well do it

Benn
17-03-10, 08:05 AM

There's not really enough for them to do is there.. And there's old cars there..lol

dj_wudgey
17-03-10, 10:16 AM
i enjoy going down early sunday me i dont like the thought of camping with all the p*ssed up youths driving around my baby!

Jack
17-03-10, 11:13 AM
fort
http://www.thurrock-community.org.uk/historysoc/pictures/fort2.jpg

:confused:

Jack
17-03-10, 11:15 AM
Oh, and I like Trax because Sky had a 205 there :d

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Cars/Trax-combe%2009/2009_09_06_3553.jpg

muzzy
17-03-10, 12:50 PM
if ade does it, you can bloody well do it

Yes boss :(

Mattman
17-03-10, 01:12 PM

The VBOA and Billing campsite wouldn't allow any of the stuff that goes on at the pod and if any club member is seen to be misbehaving in any way then the club could have their affiliation removed and not be able to attend and show again.

Jack
17-03-10, 01:23 PM
Security is certainly a lot better at the VBOA rally. Are individuals allowed to camp though? I mean, its obvious that kroozechavforum.com won't have a stand (as they won't be in the VBOA), but whats to stop their members attending and camping?

General Baxter
17-03-10, 01:24 PM
Security is certainly a lot better at the VBOA rally

yeah right, some one nicked an entire car, just not someones dust caps like they would at pv :roll:

burgo
17-03-10, 01:30 PM
yeah right, some one nicked an entire car, just not someones dust caps like they would at pv :roll:that was from the hotel. not billing camp site

Security is certainly a lot better at the VBOA rally. Are individuals allowed to camp though? I mean, its obvious that kroozechavforum.com won't have a stand (as they won't be in the VBOA), but whats to stop their members attending and camping?

no anyone can stay, it is just a camp site after all

Mattman
17-03-10, 01:49 PM
no anyone can stay, it is just a camp site after all

Agreed anyone can pay and pitch their tent but there are very limited spaces due to the amount of the site the VBOA take up. In the years I have attended there has been very little disruption and what disruption there is, has been quashed very quickly and offenders removed from the site.

I am very biased towards Billing though as I love the range of cars that attend and the people are all very like minded, there for the same reason and there is only a small minority, if any, there to dick around as it were.

Oh yeah and I am getting a bit grumpy in my years and cannae be bothered with Chavs and revving engines and so on, that you ALWAYS get at PVS.

MK999
17-03-10, 01:53 PM

Is there really that much to attract them at billing? I mean it's a fairly civil affair of admiring various shonky vauxhalls, not a glorified weekend of bouncing of your limiter and getting smashed.