PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Anton
16-04-03, 12:49 AM
I have been informed that a set of pikeys from southend are after my wheels from a few different people.

But that don't wanna pay for them they want mine. Ive been told they have been following me about trying to find out where I live, so obviously they can nick em.

Any ideas what I can do?
I have got locking wheel nuts, clifford alarm, and a billy bat :lol: . Can't put it in the garage cos I still have the shell of the nova and whats left of it. Got security lights on the car tho.

Bunch of faggots got me looking over my shoulder now :evil:

Neil.
16-04-03, 12:59 AM
i know this might be a bit exstream but......if u want them to back off, put some other wheels on it, steal ones for a week or so, if anyone asks, say they got knicked and they might back off.

bet its a awful thought knowing some one wants ur wheels.

feel for ya anton.

Anton
16-04-03, 01:02 AM
tomorrow the nova shell is going out on the road, and the corsa in the garage with an industrial padlock :evil:

Fester
16-04-03, 01:05 AM
i would keep the corsa away at all times when at home m8

it will become habit after a few weeks of doing it

if u need to get shut of the nova for space then pay for it to be taken away asap

Nova-Boy
16-04-03, 08:16 AM
Get these mates of yours to open their ears and find out when there going to do it. Then Wait with your billy bat! :lol:

Benjoyce
16-04-03, 09:46 AM
make sure the wheels are put down on your insurance policy

burgessovsalford
16-04-03, 09:46 AM
Get a disclok on your car, there worth every penny.

Cjscooby
16-04-03, 12:10 PM
i would go for the swappin wheels for a week or so just to throw them off the sent! anyway how much you want for the shell ant??

tonydry
16-04-03, 12:19 PM
buy a wheel clamp

Alex
16-04-03, 12:24 PM
has your alarm got a tilt sensor?

Anton
16-04-03, 04:29 PM
shell was crushed today

cars now in the garage, and yes it has a tilt senser

Stuart
16-04-03, 04:38 PM
bit of a pain in the arse but getanother set of locking nuts, but make sure they are a different style and make than the ones youve already got.

or if you feel extra mad get 3 more sets and mix them between the wheels lol

oh and ring the plod, just to let them know that the pikes are on the sniff about in the area. they might acctually do some work for a change, or atleast send a patrol car round once or twice a week. that may put the pikeys off

"dya like daaags?"

Phil_G
16-04-03, 08:48 PM

agree they are good but would be as much of a deterent to someone after nicking your alloys as a bowl of custard...

My favourite security method for wheels is 2 different size bolt heads (cant simply whizz round with one spanner) and 2 different locking nuts ( again with different size heads if possible.

may only buy you a minute overall but surely worth it?

Phil

Ste_Nova
16-04-03, 09:03 PM
got anything heavy in the garage?? slip a coated chain round a wheel and round the heavy thing

a D lock through the wheel and round the front strut will make for major grief to get off

Chris LR
16-04-03, 09:17 PM
Yeah chain ur wheels together.....

I personaly think they're working on someone else's behalf, so they will have em....... Work, College, Home you can't watch em 24/7.

techie
16-04-03, 09:27 PM
got anything heavy in the garage?? slip a coated chain round a wheel and round the heavy thing

a D lock through the wheel and round the front strut will make for major grief to get off

A very clever idea, bit mucky but good none the less.

Simple ones are allways the best.

Will
16-04-03, 09:29 PM
its a sad state of affairs when in modern society you mod your own car with your own money for tossers to become jelous and rather than buy their own alloys steal the ones you have worked hard to buy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Chris LR
16-04-03, 09:32 PM
Which leads nicely onto traffic cops last night, those 4 young guys in red mondeo...... Theivin little bastards who burgaled houses and endangered lives on the road.......

The same four who were released on bail and forgot to turn up at court.

:x wtf! :evil:

Nova Modder
16-04-03, 10:12 PM
wire up your wheels to your main supply.... give em a nice shock if they touch em :)

there must be a way to get tazer style shockers builtinto the car for when its not near your mains supply.. :twisted:

Corsa_Will
16-04-03, 10:16 PM
Right. i HATE theives.
As peeps have said, we all work hard and EARN our money, allowing us to buy the things we want. It aint right for some waster, who acheives nuttin in life to take this privalige from us.

I think from now on, any of us that see summit goin on dodgy to a nice nova, corsa, whatever, we should like make them aware we are watchin, stop them or tell somone about it, cus im sure u dont want to wake up tomorro to find YOUR wheels have gone.

This has worried me about gettin wheels, so i might hang on for a while, or if i do buy them ill get a lotta lockin nuts !! its gotta pay off.

Anton mate, u will be fine, if i see anyone near ur wheels ill do summit.
Keep an eye out peeps, hope ya all agree :)

Nova Modder
16-04-03, 10:17 PM
what about one of them alarms wiv a vibrating fob the worx up to 1200m away..

be funny to see him sprint 1km in 10secs flat lol

Anton
17-04-03, 12:47 AM
2nite my car is locked in the garage - garage door lock - 2 industrial padlocks, car is locked, car is alarmed, car has chain through one wheel, and other end is under a 3.0 for capri engine :D

burgessovsalford
17-04-03, 10:53 AM

agree they are good but would be as much of a deterent to someone after nicking your alloys as a bowl of custard... Phil

I would have thought it would be easier to nick the whole car than mess about with taking the alloys... :?