PDA

View Full Version : Respray

Morton
15-03-10, 06:17 PM
can anyone give me a rough price for a respray including on the cost of paint on a nova.....nothing fancy ...

Sloth
15-03-10, 06:20 PM
depends on ya paint and prep. for a full bare metal, primer, prep and spray in metallic you can pay £1k up. for a quick flash over £200 plus. paint can cost over £200 alone.

swedge
15-03-10, 06:22 PM
if your handy with paint and filler do some of the prep yourself, that can cut costs down

alot of painters dont like that though and end up ding it all again any way

i can get my car sprayed fr £600 here but you get what you pay for

MattBrown
15-03-10, 06:26 PM
depends on ya paint and prep. for a full bare metal, primer, prep and spray in metallic you can pay £1k up. for a quick flash over £200 plus. paint can cost over £200 alone.

£2k is the cheapest quote ive had, so my mates doing it for freelol

Morton
15-03-10, 06:26 PM
the paint is only faded thats all ..wont come up with machine polish and g3 ..its completely solid no rust or car park dents!!what should i do ??

MattBrown
15-03-10, 06:27 PM
the paint is only faded thats all ..wont come up with machine polish and g3 ..its completely solid no rust or car park dents!!what should i do ??

Scrappage scheme:thumb: lol

Try "Astral Pink"

Failing this, wax?

Failing this, ask someone at a paint shop?

Sloth
15-03-10, 06:29 PM
if it is really that good, "haze " it with a scotchbrite pad, and get it sprayed. £500 ish tbh.

Dave.
15-03-10, 06:32 PM
I got my whole Corsa sprayed at work, got it all stripped, scotchbrite'd like above, primed, painted and laquered, and it cost me sweet fcek all :D

Well, actually, the paint was £40 and i gave Kev who i work with £30 for helping me out, but still very cheap, was oven baked etcd etc aswell :thumb:

swedge
15-03-10, 06:36 PM
im attempting my first respray soon :) done panels etc before but never a full car

should be fun

Rexy
15-03-10, 06:42 PM
why are people so lazy and post on the internet about prices?

lol

Get to a few bodyshops or ring them and ask their advice. Its ok for Mr A down in london giving you a price then mr rexy pops up and say well opp north it would cost this amount. It varys far far too much.

I keep reading loads of "how much would this cost to repaint posts" bodyshops are not scary, if you dont like the price toddle off and get another quote or get a mate to do it.

end of rant! :)

and anywhere from £100 - £2000 for a full hit.

Raf_90
15-03-10, 09:12 PM
if your handy with paint and filler do some of the prep yourself, that can cut costs down

alot of painters dont like that though and end up ding it all again any way

I hate people that do that!! lol
"Ill do the prep work if it makes it cheaper mate"
"Piss off elsewhere then! :mad: "

Paint is all in the prep, its time consuming and can cost from £200 to as much as you want to pay, if its a quick blast of celly, assuming it dont need any bog/body work then a couple of hundred quid is all. 2k then the prices go up as its more expensive to buy aswell as lac etc.
if bodywork is needed ie filler, welding etc, then primer which ups your costs more.
Its not possible to quote a price for paintwork without looking at the car itself, each case is different. Get out and ask around is your best option :thumb:
For a quick blast over with celly you will need about 2-3ltrs of paint at about £35 a ltr (not including inside doorshuts an that) sundries and materials, then labour... Around £350-£400 is what i charge at mates rates