PDA

View Full Version : Cleaned the old gal today

Southie
14-03-10, 08:30 PM
Well she's made it through the snow and as it was a warm sunny day I thought I'd get on the case and give her a valet. 5 hours and I was knackered lol

Well hope you like :)

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/21f780f3.jpg

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/f4d2c7cb.jpg

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/91700c41.jpg

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/30f16a68.jpg

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/b7aec5cd.jpg

Still need to decide on what wheels to run lol

vaughanmc
14-03-10, 08:32 PM
Looks clean for a daily hack :)

Rickardo
14-03-10, 08:33 PM
Dave, it looks no different... lol lol

Looking good mate, :thumb:

Southie
14-03-10, 08:35 PM
It's not doing too bad really to say i've had it 5 years and it's seen 4 winters. :)

Joe Richardson
14-03-10, 08:36 PM
looks clean mate :thumb:

Southie
14-03-10, 08:37 PM
Rick :p I should have taken a before set but it was that sunny it still looked clean lol

vaughanmc
14-03-10, 08:37 PM
It's not doing too bad really to say i've had it 5 years and it's seen 4 winters. :)

Nice to see you use it mate :thumb: Giving me ideas for my Mk1

AlexW
14-03-10, 08:38 PM
Jesus, the robbing scum in your area replaced your front wheels with some gay ones.

Just kidding, looks good seeing as its your daily.

Rickardo
14-03-10, 08:39 PM
Rick :p I should have taken a before set but it was that sunny it still looked clean lol

I'm like you Dave, done loads of work on the Egg this weekend.. No pics..DOH..

It's looking good.. Make your bloody mind up about the wheels dude.. lol

Southie
14-03-10, 08:39 PM
looks clean mate :thumb:
;) Cheers Joe ,if I get it as clean as yours then I could sort of be happy lol

sparkie1401
14-03-10, 08:40 PM
copycat!

least all the windows are in tact

Southie
14-03-10, 08:43 PM
I'm like you Dave, done loads of work on the Egg this weekend.. No pics..DOH..

It's looking good.. Make your bloody mind up about the wheels dude.. lol
I like both sets and I've got another set at home lol I prefer the 4 spokes but it handles shocking on the monty tyres, they were good through winter though. ;)

I thought you didn't do technology Rick, have you one of those cameras that some else holds the flash and it explodes KABOOM lol

Southie
14-03-10, 08:46 PM
Jesus, the robbing scum in your area replaced your front wheels with some gay ones.

Just kidding, looks good seeing as its your daily.
Nah GUIN stole them he's not scum just a bit loopy. lol
Cheers darling ;)

Southie
14-03-10, 08:48 PM
copycat!

least all the windows are in tact
They better be or I'll break that little bird of yours, oh and GUIN lol

Rickardo
14-03-10, 08:48 PM
I like both sets and I've got another set at home lol I prefer the 4 spokes but it handles shocking on the monty tyres, they were good through winter though. ;)

I thought you didn't do technology Rick, have you one of those cameras that some else holds the flash and it explodes KABOOM lol

lol lol. Technology isn't my strong point pal..

NovaLad
14-03-10, 08:52 PM
Looks SH!T...!!!

Hot

Southie
14-03-10, 08:55 PM
lol as I'm using my phone I didn't see at first the word hot and I nearly cried lol

sparkie1401
14-03-10, 08:57 PM
They better be or I'll break that little bird of yours, oh and GUIN lol

he's not in but would no doubt say you not big enough lol

sparkie1401
14-03-10, 08:58 PM
it does look SH1T lol

only joking

Southie
14-03-10, 09:02 PM
he's not in but would no doubt say you not big enough lol
Has he been peeking through my bathroom windows again lol

Mine maybe sh1t but at least it works :p

Only pulling ya pi55er ;)

Joe Richardson
14-03-10, 09:05 PM
;) Cheers Joe ,if I get it as clean as yours then I could sort of be happy lol

The credit goes to you though mate,im too scared to get mine wet,so it stays in the garage for 6 months lol

sparkie1401
14-03-10, 09:07 PM
Southie in "BIG DANGLER shocker"

FcUK thee mines fires up lol

Southie
14-03-10, 09:09 PM
The credit goes to you though mate,im too scared to get mine wet,so it stays in the garage for 6 months lol
If I could afford two cars Joe then I would be doing exactly the same :thumb:

vaughanmc
14-03-10, 09:09 PM
im too scared to get mine wet

You wash it with water...Don't you ?

Pistol Pete
14-03-10, 09:12 PM
Looks clean. IMO you need 2 wheels to match the rears.

L14MNP
14-03-10, 09:12 PM
Looks great mate :) Gotta hate that road salt on ageing dailys! Jack Frost has kicked the Lolvos ar$e this time around. Second winter for it after being unused and garaged for about 15 years. :( lol

Ah well. I minced on and cleaned mine up yesterday too. Gives new enthusiasim IMO. Just need it's decent wheels back on now, kind of like you. lol :thumb:

Joe Richardson, water is fine. It's road salt that will rust it mate.

Benn
14-03-10, 09:19 PM
Really like your car bar the rims.

Southie
14-03-10, 09:20 PM
Cheers Limp on the advice lol Mines looking better in the pictures in all fairness as the arches have corroded a tad this rear :( It did feel nice to drive after giving it a decent clean though so I know what you mean, odd though.

Pete that's my trouble and why I've left them on as some days I like that set instead lol

I might have to put up a poll for this wheel situation.

Southie
14-03-10, 09:21 PM
Really like your car bar the rims.
Cheers Benn, what do you reckon would suit better? :)

Benn
14-03-10, 09:23 PM
Anything than what's on it. You've got two of Gm nastiest rims...lol

L14MNP
14-03-10, 09:24 PM
Anything than what's on it. You've got two of Gm nastiest rims...lol
On any other Nova I would agree. i hate the 4 spoke GSi rip things with a passion usually, and the Astra 15's normally look cheap, but both really suit his car. :)

vaughanmc
14-03-10, 09:25 PM
Front wheels (Astra Mk2 CDi) suit it nicely mate

Something a wee bit different and smaller wheels increase acceleration :thumb:

muzzy
14-03-10, 09:25 PM
That car is cracking, love it.

Joe Richardson
14-03-10, 09:26 PM
You wash it with water...Don't you ?

Nope if it gets dusty,I just use quick detailer on her :thumb:

vaughanmc
14-03-10, 09:27 PM
Rubbing dust into the paintwork will cause minor scratches/swirls...

Joe Richardson
14-03-10, 09:28 PM
Rubbing dust into the paintwork will cause minor scratches/swirls...

well ok i use a small bottle of water with a spray gun first leather it off,then use quick detailer :)

vaughanmc
14-03-10, 09:30 PM
A lot of hassle and f*cking about just to clean a car lol Get the hose out mate and rinse it properly

sparkie1401
i like the 6 spoke astra rims but not over keen on the 4spokes

Southie
On any other Nova I would agree. i hate the 4 spoke GSi rip things with a passion usually, and the Astra 15's normally look cheap, but both really suit his car. :)
So it's not just me then lol Ive had all sorts of thoughts on what to have, cesaro, expression, sr steelies (have these), slabs (had these also suited it and I hate them wheels) Speedlines (look great but not not on mk1).

The main wheels I always wanted were the 5 spoke CD design ones from years ago but doubt I'll find any nowadays.

vaughanmc
14-03-10, 09:31 PM
Any pics of those mate ?

Southie
14-03-10, 09:35 PM
i like the 6 spoke astra rims but not over keen on the 4spokes
When I've got the full set on though (6 spokes) they don't suit the front end and look too new for some reason. All hatches are the same throughout every year so that's why they look okay on the rear lol
The 4 spokes look cack on the rear as it sits too high but if I lower it any more my exhaust would catch on the speed bumps :(

L14MNP
14-03-10, 09:36 PM
So it's not just me then lol Ive had all sorts of thoughts on what to have, cesaro, expression, sr steelies (have these), slabs (had these also suited it and I hate them wheels) Speedlines (look great but not not on mk1).

The main wheels I always wanted were the 5 spoke CD design ones from years ago but doubt I'll find any nowadays.

Aye, tough choice. For being a standard looking Nova your car is very unique mate. Hence I see the attraction to keep it on OEM wheels and ones from the correct decade at the very least. lol

Speedlines can look great on a GTE though! I'd be tempted by the 4 spokes, if only to show they can actually look good! :thumb:

Southie
14-03-10, 09:38 PM
That car is cracking, love it.
Why thanks you Muzzy :)

muzzy
14-03-10, 09:39 PM
That car would look good with Cavalier Expression wheels IMO

Southie
14-03-10, 09:41 PM
Aye, tough choice. For being a standard looking Nova your car is very unique mate. Hence I see the attraction to keep it on OEM wheels and ones from the correct decade at the very least. lol

Speedlines can look great on a GTE though! I'd be tempted by the 4 spokes, if only to show they can actually look good! :thumb:

Corsakid has speedlines on his MK1 and they do look good but some how it wouldn't do mine justice I reckon.

Ade has the 4 spokes on his and I don't think they suit his SR lol but they do mine some how :confused:

L14MNP
14-03-10, 09:45 PM
It's the colour! Agreed on the Ade's SR. Isn't that on Astra Sport steels now? I think it sits too high.

I can't remember who's GTE I like on Speedlines, but I've seen a few. :)
i wonder how yours would look an Astra GSi fan blades. Probs crap, but they lend themselves well to the mk1 shape IMO.

Southie
14-03-10, 09:45 PM
That car would look good with Cavalier Expression wheels IMO
Ive had many a thought on them and the set that Brettski had were really nice but I think they'd be a absolute barsteward to keep clean, so for that reason I'm oot. lol

muzzy
14-03-10, 09:46 PM
Get a toothbrush and some cotton buds. :)

You will also need to give up your life but at least your wheels will be clean.

Southie
14-03-10, 09:49 PM
It's the colour! Agreed on the Ade's SR. Isn't that on Astra Sport steels now? I think it sits too high.

I can't remember who's GTE I like on Speedlines, but I've seen a few. :)
i wonder how yours would look an Astra GSi fan blades. Probs crap, but they lend themselves well to the mk1 shape IMO.
I did a Photoshop of fanblades and they look shat lol

The colour of my car is what makes it a bloody nightmare to decide, to be fair I still actually think it would suit GSI 3 spokes ;)

L14MNP
14-03-10, 09:54 PM
You mean SR 3 spokes ;) Make them as old as you can. Course it would suit them, but you're back to that 14" dilema again. lol

Southie
14-03-10, 10:00 PM
You mean SR 3 spokes ;) Make them as old as you can. Course it would suit them, but you're back to that 14" dilema again. lol
lol Exactly, oops gsi I was stuck in a mk2 phase for a second lol

I think I'll have to do some shops of this and post up through the week. What ever I choose though the only colour will be silver. :d

L14MNP
14-03-10, 10:01 PM
Silver for the stock look FTW. Speaking of wheels you reminded me, still need to spray the Lolvos Superlites after your 'shops. :thumb:

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Southie
14-03-10, 10:04 PM
It will be probably SR wheels I reckon lol

Joe Richardson
14-03-10, 10:15 PM
A lot of hassle and f*cking about just to clean a car lol Get the hose out mate and rinse it properly

I do on the corsa,only because that gets used through the winter lol

Nova_Tek
14-03-10, 10:47 PM
Looking good Southie, 5 hours is deffo knackering but the results are worth it.

Never been keen on the 4 spokes tbh. If I had to choose between the two it would be the rear wheels but I think cav slabs would suit your car well. Shame there's no one to do a shop to see what it looks like lol

I'm currently wondering what Vaux wheels I should go for (if I can get them for a good price).

boyle_46
15-03-10, 12:25 AM
looks sweet , needs screw covers and rear plate sorted sitts to low other than that i like :d

mark69
15-03-10, 02:07 AM
again! you only cleaned it on thursday lol

looks sweeeet mate. sounds awsome too ;)

Southie
15-03-10, 07:00 AM
again! you only cleaned it on thursday lol

looks sweeeet mate. sounds awsome too ;)
lol that was jet washing it. Yesterday was a full wash, hand wax and interior cleanout ;)

Southie
15-03-10, 07:04 AM
looks sweet , needs screw covers and rear plate sorted sitts to low other than that i like :d
Cheers :) I take it you mean the screw covers on the front plough, yes I do but cannot find any :(
The numberplates are straight but the rear bumper isn't bang on and needs slight adjustment. :d

Southie
15-03-10, 07:08 AM
Looking good Southie, 5 hours is deffo knackering but the results are worth it.

Never been keen on the 4 spokes tbh. If I had to choose between the two it would be the rear wheels but I think cav slabs would suit your car well. Shame there's no one to do a shop to see what it looks like lol

I'm currently wondering what Vaux wheels I should go for (if I can get them for a good price).
Welcome to my world of hell lol

You could have done me a Photoshop, I saw you did for Mr Robinson :cry:

Nova_Tek
15-03-10, 12:13 PM
Well I saw that you weren't around so I had chance to do it lol

As for the wheels tough choosing, I'm thinking about Cav fan blades or Softstars.

I'm really loving these ones at the moment
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7756/evostarblack.jpg

Shame they are 5 stud and 7.5j :(

Southie
15-03-10, 12:57 PM
lol

Those wheels are bloody horrid. I prefer these ;)

http://i.ebayimg.com/23/%21Bnn-qNwBWk%7E$%28KGrHqMH-DEEtm2RJGscBLkQZYp2g%21%7E%7E_12.JPG
Please wait
Image not available

Nova_Tek
15-03-10, 01:02 PM
Horrid? They're an evolved Softstar. :) Mind you it's 5stud so it's not happening :(

dj_wudgey
15-03-10, 01:08 PM
looking good dude!

mayhem
15-03-10, 03:22 PM

i have a set laying around..

edit

just checked a local site, guy i know has a set of 5 laying incl centercaps. 180 euro.
1 is already sanded down.

Southie
15-03-10, 03:36 PM
Mayhem you have PM. :d

Timc_182
15-03-10, 07:42 PM
very clean, looks gd. i need to get out and do mine this weekend.

Southie
15-03-10, 07:44 PM
very clean, looks gd. i need to get out and do mine this weekend.Post some pictures you've got 15 posts. :p

Spudly
15-03-10, 07:45 PM
I like your burnout wheels dude, and the old beasty is still looking well, keep it up:thumb:

Southie
15-03-10, 07:47 PM
I like your burnout wheels dude, and the old beasty is still looking well, keep it up:thumb:
Cheers darling :d Burn out wheel on the back soon too lol (not rear wheel drive Wudgey)

novalicous
15-03-10, 07:49 PM
lol

Those wheels are bloody horrid. I prefer these ;)

http://i.ebayimg.com/23/%21Bnn-qNwBWk%7E$%28KGrHqMH-DEEtm2RJGscBLkQZYp2g%21%7E%7E_12.JPG
Please wait
Image not available

they are nice wheels ive been watching them on the bay lol

i think a set of silver cav slabs would look quite good :d

Southie
15-03-10, 07:59 PM
Had them on my old SR Craig and then on this for a shot while before I sold them. They are too heavy for my liking. :p They looked a bit bling bling lol

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/MINE/NBCmk2nova.jpg

novalicous
15-03-10, 08:04 PM
yeah but there polished/diamond cut

i mean some nice star silver ones

Southie
15-03-10, 08:06 PM
I'll have a think about it, actually I'll do some photoshopping lol

novalicous
15-03-10, 08:07 PM
PM'D :thumb:

Southie
15-03-10, 08:08 PM
PM'D :thumb:
Waiting :roll: lol

novalicous
15-03-10, 08:11 PM
you to quick lol

Southie
15-03-10, 08:17 PM
you to quick lol
lol Done it. :thumb:

NOVA-KID-93
16-03-10, 12:46 AM
cars looking good mate, deffo one of my faves, we need to go Olivers Mount again when warmer weather gets here, need to here that noise it makes again ;)

sparkie1401
16-03-10, 12:55 AM
lol shouldnt you be buying windows and not wheels? lol lol lol

funny on so many levels

stop mincing and buy some wheels that match you the tightest git in west yorkshire

oh and think how much you could save if you cancel your yorkshire men membership lol lol lol

Guiny :cool:

Southie
16-03-10, 06:34 AM
lol shouldnt you be buying windows and not wheels? lol lol lol

funny on so many levels

stop mincing and buy some wheels that match you the tightest git in west yorkshire

oh and think how much you could save if you cancel your yorkshire men membership lol lol lol

Guiny :cool:
The boards on the windows are far better, the kids in the street are now drawing on them but at least it keeps them out of mischief lol
Yorkshire Mens mag lol You've mistaken me for someone else I've got the Aussie womens one, and yes they like it down under. lol

The wheels do match another set exactly the same at home :p

Cheers Luke yes we will have to have a get together at the Olivers Mount again I enjoyed that little circuit ;)

Riggy
16-03-10, 09:30 AM
Looking very old skool cool mate :) lovin it

Graeme
16-03-10, 09:44 AM
I have to agree with Benn, both sets are not to my taste, I think a set of anthracite slabs would look good

MattBrown
16-03-10, 10:30 AM
I have to agree with Benn, both sets are not to my taste, I think a set of anthracite slabs would look good

Speedlines and gsi kit?

Its differant, which is good:thumb:

Southie
16-03-10, 10:33 AM
Looking very old skool cool mate :) lovin it
Cheers mate it's how I like it. :)

Everyone is saying slabs lol I hate how heavy the cav slabs wheels are tbh.

MK1.5 FTW ;) :d

Graeme
16-03-10, 12:04 PM
Speedlines and gsi kit?

I'm hardly restyling it soft lad, I love the look and colour just think it would look good on a set of matching period wheels, why don't you be different with your car a fit a three foot rubber c0ck to the roof?